35 225 Bt Nosler guy's

floridafireman

Beginner
Jul 26, 2005
how well will this bullet hold up at 3000 fps . I have asked for load data just to see if there was some out there . I load 80 gr of Rl 19 , 24" barrel 1-12 twist . I shot a Black Bear with the 225 Partition It created a very large hole the legnth of penetration and exited velocity 3000 fps . I am going to Wyoming this fall for deer " I drew a muley or Whitail tag in Grizzly country " and want to use the Ballistic tip to flatten the trajectory . I do not want to have the bullet explode at close range ?

I highly recommend a Partition at that speed. You must have a 358 norma mag, or 35 newton to get those velocities.

I shot a small mule deer with 225 bt and I had the velocity around 2650 to 2700 fps, the bullet hit the spine and I am not kidding when I say it left a soft ball size exit wound.

Again I would recommend the Partition, I use the 250 Partition for Roosevelt Elk and black bear. Again this is in the whelen loaded at 2500 ft per sec

:grin: Yes It is a Norma , I shot a nice 6X6 Elk in Colorado . 250 gr bullet @2850+- fps Range was 50 yds , Exit wound was 4+ inches . I wear Jumbo gloves and cuold of stuck my fist into it . Many wild hogs have succomed to this rifle . The reason I like this round is it will give you all the power of a 375 HH with 270 Win trajectory . I know in this velocity crazed world this may no longer seem that flat , but a 250 gr bullet sighted 2" high at 100 is 0n at 200 and arround 8" low at 300 . This gives me a point blank range of 250 yds . I much prefer to shoot at 20 yds rather than 200 . The rifle was built by Gander Mountain on a magnum legnth Mark X action with a Kreiger barrel . scoped and loaded weight is 8.5 lb . average accuracy is .75" . I will use the 225 Partition and hopefully send you a picture of a large deer . I also have a 35 Whelen Improved which I like alot . And one day I will have a 358 Winchester. Yes I am a fan of the 35 caliber besause bullet diameter does make a difference . I have noticed a marked difference in the reaction of animals shot with larger calibers vs smaller .

FFM,

The 225 gr PT is an excellent bullet choice for your 358 Norma Magnum. I have used this bullet in my 35 Whelen at a MV close to 2600 fps to kill many WT Deer and a Black Bear. I only had to blood trail 2 deer. In both cases, I literally followed a "red carpet" ~30 yds to the recovery.
Always had an exit hole and minimal meat damage.

Regards,

JD338

Once again sound advise the guys on this website. Thanks for the posts.

Back