358 Win AR

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
I've had an AR10 lower laying around gathering dust while I've been deciding what to do with it. I stumbled across a Wilson Combat 16" barrel in 358 Win. Instantly the thought of a fast handling timber gun for deer and bear, and also for quick follow up's on multiple hogs that also packs a whollop, but is manageable enough for those quick follow ups settled my mind what to do with that lower. I think a fixed 2x scope with a 45* offset holographic sight for the running shots. probably 10 round mags to keep weight down. Thinking a 200 grain Hndy RN interlock would be a great option.

Sounds like a fun gun!:cool:
Love the 358 Win! (My first is in a BLR and second in a LH bolt) Thought an AR would be fun in this or a 338 Federal...but alas north of the border here, we cannot hunt with an AR! :poop:

Been there, done that

The 358 was probably the best/most fun rifle I owned, 20rds in short order, no cooling down between mags. 10rds fired, swap and dump 10 more.

Hornady Custom 200gr Interlock Spire Point
20rds View attachment 22359View attachment 22358
The target is a real confidence builder. All my 358 Win rifles produced excellent accuracy, and the 338 Federal I have is equally accurate.

Back