360 Buckhammer season results

Ya, but not today. At this point suffice it to say my velocity results approached Hodgdon's at over 2300 fps, with tight SD single digit SD. Accuracy at 100 yards from the Henry was good. I haven't measured the groups. Looks like just under an inch from the benchrest for three shots. I'll have a better description soon. But today, that's what I've got. :)

I'd absolutely hunt with this rig and this load and intend to carry it afield.

Guy
Guy, can I ask a small favor? When you have a minute, can you measure that Hornady bullet? I'd like to know the length from the base of the bullet to the top of the cannelure. I want to compare that to the lead bullet I'm working with. Thanks in advance!

Brian

I’ve never owned a 35, found this fascinating. Not sure why. I don’t have much interest in a Buckhammer but then I’ve never hunted in those states that allow cartridges like the BH to supplement shotguns.

Sorry to hear about the lost deer. Puzzling to say the least. I used the 180 gr. Speer in my 357 Max rifle, speed around 1900 fps and had no issues killing either deer or hogs but I generally shoot for CNS. Never caught one for examination.

Back