.375 H&H 260gr Accubonds @200yds today

LD375

Handloader
May 18, 2009
After much pre season shooting this year, and testing a lot of different ammo for the sako 85 Kodiak in .375 H&H, I finally settled with the 260gr nosler AccuBond, they are super accurate, and I have total confidence in this load for just about anything :) ..Here's how they did @200yds today.
All I need now is a Moose! :twisted:

Nice shooting Lou.
You are ready to roll.

JD338

Excellent, Lou. Yeah, I'd say that a moose will cap off your preseason work just fine.

AWESOME shooter Lou! That is some awesome results buddy! Great shooting!

Antelope_Sniper":1mx51fhq said:
What is that, 10 shots?

That is 7 shots, 1 string of 4 shots, and another string of 3 shots, I'm leaving it as is, @100yds I'm printing between 2.2-2.5" high for a 210yd zero.
Thanks guys, it was a good day, I've changed my shooting style this summer, and my accuracy has greatly improved, I also use a different rifle rest as well (Caldwell tack driver) which also aids in the accuracy department.

Scotty, last week was a disaster :shock: ..using norma ammunition @100yds my groups went from about .3 to about 6" groups!..I thought my scope was finished, thank god I had some Remington loads,nosler Partition, and accubonds as well, after checking all the mounting screws on the rifle, I shot off all the ammo that I had with me (67 rounds) and every one of them just tore up the target about 2" high and dead center.Next day I went back to the range with more accubonds, and again, super accurate :grin: :?: :idea: ..The only thing that I can think of is the norma ammo was old, the packaging showed it.
I had 2 boxes of the norma ammo, 1 box was full, and the other had 3 rounds in it, the 3 rounds grouped awesome, but when I opened the other box, It grouped kinda like buckshot?..same lot # too :? ..I've never ever had seen something like this before, I don't shoot that bad?..
Again, that 2nd box of norma was all over the target, left-right, up-down etc :? ..Lou

Outstanding! With groups like that, you're going to have to call which ventricle of the heart you plan to take out... :grin:

That is an outstanding 200 yard group, 7 shots, wow. Those Sako 85's sure can shoot, hope you find a nice bull on your trip :)

Great shooting for sure. I too have been looking at AB 260grain. Pump them to +3200 ft/sec in a .378wea and you have a trajectory even a .300win will envy.
A friend of mine also have a Sako 85 in .375H&H. He shoots GS Custom bullets in his with same accuracy as portrayed here. They are good guns for sure.

That is absolutely awesome! The only advice I can offer is don't shoot into a high wind at a water jug at 25 yards. Mind you, I did that with a 375Ruger running a 260gr PT, but I suspect you'd get the same result... a second or two of rain :lol:

That really is impressive, though... especially for 7 shots. Congrats on having winner!

Man, you really do have an awesome set up Lou. With a rifle that likes that ammo, I would hard pressed to load my own. Might wanna get a case of that stuff and never look back. With all the recovered 260's around here, I wouldn't feel undergunned for nothin on our side of the world.

Great shooting buddy. That combo looks like a sure thing to me.

Back