40 S&W/165 Speer Gold Dot Loads-4 Inch Glock 23

WHELENATOR

Beginner
Nov 4, 2004
Could someone with a newer Speer book look me up some data? I need to know what the loads are if possible for the 165 Gold Dot, with Power Pistol powder. If that powder isn't listed, just give me the slower side of the chart in burn rate. I would like to get into the 1150 FPS range with this load. thanks for any help!

Mark

I doubt you get to 1150fps safely in your Glock w/ PP. Speer shows 7.8gr max for 1081fps. Alliant powder site

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/ ... ulletid=64

shows 7.3gr for 1100fps w/ a 170grXTP. HS7 will get you there, but is being discontinued. Longshot will get you 1150fps+ w/ safe pressures as will 800x, but 800x meters poorly. Good luck, remember that the Glock 40s probably have the most KBs of any 40s&w due to the partially supported chamber.

THANKS sir, I appreciate the info. what is a KB? blown case? I do know about the unsupported chamber issue. So far, I have not had any problems with it. i keep loads sensible. Merry Christmas!

KB=kaboom. There are many reports of KBs in the early Glock 40s. When you have your bbl. out, drop a loaded round in & you'll see part of the case is out of the cahmber near the bottom., unsupported. If you load hot enough, you'll see a bulge on the case that matches the unsupported area of your bbl. When you see your brass doing this, back off the charge. I shoot a USP & 4006, both have supoported chambers.

Back