404gr Shock Hammer 460 Wby

I'd like to see videos of that monster
416 Wby loads I have.
56139959-E658-4C17-A645-135CDFFA36C4.jpeg

Do you get any accuracy results in the 460 with the hammers?

Do you get any accuracy results in the 460 with the hammers?
Not the worst , I only shot 1 group with these with the group being a little under 1”. With only 25 in a box it empties in a hurry.
IMG_3479.jpeg
This will be used this deer season. I will see if I can tighten it up some more this fall.

Just came into 5 lbs of RL 17. Gotta load them up this weekend
I’m getting jealous , I’m scraping the bottom of my RL-17 pail. Sportsman Warehouse had an 5lber on the self for a few weeks , just couldn’t do it at $50/lb plus tax🙁

Have mercy, those girls have quite an appetite. Then again, you don’t buy a 3/4 ton truck for gas mileage either.

Yesterday I put 1 of the 404 to use on a small whitetail. At 75 yds it basically turned him inside out. At that distance impact energy was 7150ft/lbs.
After 7 years the 460 Wby earned its place on the meat pole.
IMG_4230.jpeg

That had to have been quite the spectacle when that amount of energy was unleashed on the deer!
Ya his engine fell out the bottom. This round would be very interesting shot into a gel block.
Awesome job, congrats.

JD338
Thanks
I’ve shot a few 416s that’s about my limit. So much more recoil than the 577 had.
I love my 416 and the 460 is just as much fun. That Bullsbag really cuts back on the felt recoil.
Congrats on a fine harvest to put some meat in the freezer. What cuts are you making with that deer?
That is a lot of horsepower. :oops:
Thanks , its going to get deboned and my son will be taking when we get time. Tomorrow afternoon and Friday we are hoping to get Dad’s corn combined off.

I removed my previous post. After reading it I believe it could have been misinterpreted if someone wasn’t having a good Day. While I 100% intended it as humorous I removed it rather than have it misconstrued. My friends here are too important to chance offending anyone accidentally.

I removed my previous post. After reading it I believe it could have been misinterpreted if someone wasn’t having a good Day. While I 100% intended it as humorous I removed it rather than have it misconstrued. My friends here are too important to chance offending anyone accidentally.
No worries on this end. Funny part I was planning on doing a 7mm-378 when I rebarreled my 30-378. Then there comes a point of serious overbore with no improvement , so I went 28” 30-378.

Back