420 bull killed in Bills Mt. Emily unit.

Totally understand that SC. Great bull. Very happy for that hunter. That is surely an awesome deal. Beautiful animal.. It is like having a drug addiction when you get hooked on elk... I can't hardly see a cow on the side of the road and not wanna lay on the brakes just to get a "look" at one!

And that is why I'm continue to wait for my chance at that tag. Fingers crossed it will only be a few more years.

I'm super happy for Delwyn! I know his family spends A LOT of time up there looking for these bulls. That is a once in a lifetime bull for sure!

A unique monster , something to be very proud of, congrats to the lucky hunter.
Passing up on 330-350" bulls is something I'm not sure I could do haha , unless he had an incling the big boy was in the area. Great gamble that paid off.

They had been watching the bull for quite a while. Night before the season several groups were watching him and made a move on him on opening day and bumped him into another drainage. Over the next several days someone in the group would spot him only to loose him again. As legends go several 350 class Bulls walked up to Delwyn to get their ears scratched, knowing he would pass. I'm not sure I could have passed on some of the Bulls he let walk either.

Wow!
His perseverance is the stuff of legend. I know I'd not pass on a 350 even knowing bigger was out there.
That's an awesome bull and he should be proud.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

When you can only draw that tag every 10-20 years it makes holding off on smaller Bulls a little easier maybe.

I know that could "not" pass on a 350 bull. Been close a couple of times but unable to close the deal.

Jiminy Crickets! He looks more like a New Zealand Red Deer stag with those crowns! Congrats to your buddy!

I have yet to grow tired of seeing the rack, he has brought it by several times just to rub it in. The good news is the bull was actively breeding cows right up to the end. Those genes could be showing up again.

Back