45-70 and 350gr Hot Cor?

I’ve held onto both 4198’s like they are gold, for the price they’ll be when they hit the market again it may as well be gold dust. Lol.
I’ve got 5 lbs of LT-32 I’m hoping will be similar. Haven’t tried any in my 45-70 yet. It’s a fine extruded powder between IMR4198 and RL7. Hopefully I’ll be able to try it soon.
Supposedly rl is coming out with rl11? Don't know if it's going to be the 16/23/26 type powder (you know ....more for the greenies) or something close to AA11/AA11fs?

I shot 5 rounds tonight. The first one was to the left 1.75" but the next 4 created a 1.100" group at 50 yards with a 4x scope. Recoil was not bad. That was with 53 gr of IMR3031. I might back it down to 52gr and see what happens. I'm hoping the first one to the left was due to it being the first jacketed bullet down the barrel.

I shot 5 rounds tonight. The first one was to the left 1.75" but the next 4 created a 1.100" group at 50 yards with a 4x scope. Recoil was not bad. That was with 53 gr of IMR3031. I might back it down to 52gr and see what happens. I'm hoping the first one to the left was due to it being the first jacketed bullet down the barrel.
I'd zero to where the first round impacts.

That will likely fill your tag.

Guy

Back