55 gr. Ballistic Tips work good *pics*

todbartell

Beginner
Oct 30, 2004
Got a few predators this winter with the 55 gr. Ballistic Tip @ 3235 fps out of my m700 LVSF 223 Remington.

250 yards - did three or four eggbeater spins and then a 60 yard death sprint
Jan_11_06_005.jpg

75 yards - did three of four eggbeater spins and then flopped
Jan_19_06_007.jpg

145 yards - three or four eggbeater spins and flop
Feb_28_06002.jpg

todbartell

Good job on those coyotes. Do you get complete penetration with the
55 gr BT?
Is that the same rifle with a different stock?

Regards,

JD338

so far 3/3 for complete penetration.

and yes, I had my B&C fiberglass stock away to be painted, so my 223 was wearing a VLS laminate :)

I would say that those 55gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips are working quite well for you.

Have you tried other bullets in the past? If so what were they and why did you switch?

BTW Nice looking Paint Job on the Stock.

A buddy has a Remington LVSF in .22-250 and just loves the Rifle.

Larry

Larry in SD":6lt3yafw said:
Have you tried other bullets in the past? If so what were they and why did you switch?

nope, 55 gr. Nosler was my first bullet of choice.

next winter I may try some others, I have quite a few of the Barnes 40 gr. Varminator, and alot of the Speer 50 gr. TnT. Both of those are more likely to stay inside the coyote, but how will they kill?

time will tell :grin:

the 40g varminators will work, but I dont know about out of a .223. They worked out of my swift at 4500fps, killed a couple yotes with them. the bullets did not exit. left good entrance holes when the shoulder was hit. if you hit them in a bad spot, like the guts or the behind, you will be tracking them however.

Nice job on those dogs. The middle one looks like a wolf. If so, that is even better.

Back