6.5 grendel scope

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
So I finally broke down and I bought a Ruger American predator and 6.5 Grendel. No idea what the heck I'm going to do with it I just had to have one. If it were yours what would you scope it with? I'm thinking maybe antelope someday, just for fun, but I have a lot better rifles for this. Any input is welcome.

I have 2, both ARs. One has a Tract Turion 3 - 9 and another has the Tract Toric UHD 3 - 15, everyone prefers the 3 - 9 for FOV, eye relief and how quickly it gets on target. Unfortunately, the Turion is no longer available, sad, because I would buy a 1/2 dozen of them.

anything more than 9 or 10X on the top end is overkill. mine has a compact 3x9 on it, but its a woods whitetail rifle,, have other stuff for extended range.

I just mounted a Toric UHD 2-10x42 with T-Plex reticle (I prefer the simplest of reticles) on one of my rifles last week. All I have done with it is a sight in at 200, but I can tell already it is a mighty fine scope. I can see ending up with one or two more in the not-too-distant future.

Never mind...I don't know why I didn't just look it up myself in the first place. It looks like the Maven is a bit stingy with eye relief @ about 3 inches. You get 4 inches with the Tract (and an etched reticle, to boot) so if I do end up needing another 2-10x, it's more likely to be a Tract than Maven.

So I finally broke down and I bought a Ruger American predator and 6.5 Grendel. No idea what the heck I'm going to do with it I just had to have one. If it were yours what would you scope it with? I'm thinking maybe antelope someday, just for fun, but I have a lot better rifles for this. Any input is welcome.
More scope than required for cartridge but I am using a Leupold VX6 2-12x42 w/Firedot Duplex on my CZ527 6.5 Grendel. My ranges/shots are close in south west Mississippi so I like the reticle for poor visibility and the upper magnification for my old eyes…. I know you don’t need that much magnification however it has worked very well for me. Took 5 deer with this combination this past season.

I have 2, but in AR's that both have lpvo's on them. I do like Athlon and Sig lpvo's w/28mm objectives (1-10 power).

Hard to go wrong with a 2-7, 2.5-8, 3-9, 3.5-10, 4-12 or 4.5-14 for it. Just depends on what you plan to use it for, and where.

Well- been doing a little research based on the recommendations above. You boys certainly believe in the adage, "spend as much on the optic as you do the rifle". Nice looking equipment suggestions. Just an observation. CL

8 twist 223 Wylde up top in FDE wearing a Tract Turion 3 - 9 x 40mm T-Plex

8 twist 6.5 Grendel from LoLo Tactical wearing the same Tract Turion 3 - 9 x 40mm T-Plex

IMG_3389.jpeg

Back