6.5 PRC Primer?

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Due to the lack of primers available for purchasing (specifically LR Mag) has anyone gotten good velocity and accuracy with say WLR or Fed 210 in the 6.5 PRC.

Will be using Retumbo ---RL 26---- H1000. Thanks!

Due to the lack of primers available for purchasing (specifically LR Mag) has anyone gotten good velocity and accuracy with say WLR or Fed 210 in the 6.5 PRC.

Will be using Retumbo ---RL 26---- H1000. Thanks!
6.5 PRC factory loads are with LR primers, and most handload data you find will be using standard large rifle primers as well. I think you'll be okay.

I just looked at Nosler and Hornady's data and they used WLR and F210 respectively.

All great advice here!I had both primers on hand (MAG and LR) when doing load development for my 6.5 PRC with 140 and 142 grain bullets. Started with MAG primers and was getting some erratic velocities and flyers. Switched to LR primers and velocities/groups were much more consistent. SD/ES with H1000 in my 6.5 PRC are in single digits with LR primers. I was actually a little surprised at how much difference it made.

All great advice here!I had both primers on hand (MAG and LR) when doing load development for my 6.5 PRC with 140 and 142 grain bullets. Started with MAG primers and was getting some erratic velocities and flyers. Switched to LR primers and velocities/groups were much more consistent. SD/ES with H1000 in my 6.5 PRC are in single digits with LR primers. I was actually a little surprised at how much difference it made.
Then you'll love br2 primers!

I use BR2’s for 70+ grains of powder in my 7 mag. I’ve been told that BR2’s are basically as hot as a magnum primer though?

I only ended up with br2's due to needing more lrp's and according to other forums the br2's are the bee's knees along with n560 in 6.5prc? Having 21# of n560 and 3k of br2 that averages 49grs per round. I might not have enough powder, but magpro looks initially good?

Back