6.5 Swede and IMR 4350, 4064 or 7977 and 140's

That's incredible. Any idea on the speed. May try some 140's with the IMR4451 I have. Those 142's are sleek and should be really good in the Swede. Great shooting.

No idea on the speed. I loaded 5 of each charge and keep one to duplicate COAL etc. I plan on loading up some more and trying them over my magnetospeed. I'll report back when I get a chance to get to the range.

By the way, the action on this rifle is a Mod. 70 :mrgreen:

SJB358":2jt8kesv said:
That's incredible. Any idea on the speed. May try some 140's with the IMR4451 I have. Those 142's are sleek and should be really good in the Swede. Great shooting.

The speed out of a 24" bbl, should be around 2700-2800fps, if memory serves me correctly. A 22" bbl will be 2600-2700fps, or in that area.

HawkeyeSATX a.k.a. Bryce

Okay, here is what I ended up with using 7828 SSC and 140 Accubonds. Not sure of the speed but I know it's enough. I will check it soon though.

Pretty happy with this combo. It might get some play time..

Thanks Mike. It really seemed to come alive with 140 Accubonds and 7828SSC. Kinda excited to see what it's running for speeds. It is a mighty handy little rifle.

That's some really good groups!
Happy hunting!
You'll be pleasantly surprised with your choice of cartridge and rifle!

HawkeyeSATX a.k.a. Bryce

Ok, finally got a chance to check repeatability and run them over the chronograph. Results are, it IS repeatable! :D
I even tried some 1x loaded cases and the group opened up a bit - to .495", the virgin brass is still fairly tight groupings - .411". Guess I'll suffer with that.
The chrony told the story for me. Through my 24" barrel, the average was right at 2794 fps ES of 11 and Sd of 9. Now, to take it out to some distance and learn my drops.
I did use one of the bullets to get some meat though. Nice Axis doe at 109 yards. VERY little meat damage with a mid-point shoulder shot.

Very cool. I might use the little Swede up North for deer on an open stand this year. Those 140 ABs are awesome bullets in my opinion. My 264 couldn't hurt them and the Swede should be putting good speed on them as well.

Back