6mm 100 gr. Partition - 90 gr. E-tip - 90 gr. Accubond

Thanks to all for the kind comments. I sure want to find some good material to use, or try the gallon jugs at longer distance to see if I can get a bullet or two to say in them. I would like to have the same type of bullet catch so that not only can the expansion be viewed going into the same exact type of resistance, but the penetrations can be measured then also. I think I might try it with some larger jugs of some type as back-up material. We shall see. Need a couple nice days with no wind though and I need to find a 400 and 500 yard range. Where I am a member only goes up to 300 yards. Maybe I can talk some local rancher into letting me use a hillside someplace for my testing so I don't have to drive far to do it. Sometimes a simple knock on a door and asking for a small favor does work.

David

Yeah David I understand what your getting at. It was 94 Sunday and fairly nice but I couldn't shoot that day yesterday had 60 mph winds and today was 30 mph and a high of 47 possibly snow tonight. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I might try some 5 gallon buckets I got plenty of them!

Thsoe are some pretty dang good looking bullets! Nice work on the tests. It's interesting to see the difference in how they preformed at different velocities. Bullets like those sure open a few doors for the .243" crowd.

Back