6mm Remington & Ramshot Hunter

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
95 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip, just shy of 47 grains of Ramshot Hunter.

3113 fps from a nearly 50 year old 22" Remington 700. :grin:

Groups hovering around an inch at 100 yards, from the bipod off a concrete bench.

Had to go to Hunter this year as I couldn't find any Reloader 22, my standard. Umm, this Hunter stuff isn't quite as accurate, but not off by far, and velocity is up a good 100 fps...

I can probably play with the accuracy a bit more. Meanwhile, this dog will hunt. (y)

Guy

Is that with standard primers? I have found Mag primers pull groups together. Hunter likes a little extra fire to get going.

Hmm, there's a thought. Yes, these were standard CCI large rifle primers.

Thanks for the tip!

Guy

If you can find Winchester Large Rifle primers, they tend to be a little warmer than normal primers, but not as much as Mag primers.

Hawk

HAWKEYESATX":2lxlttdu said:
If you can find Winchester Large Rifle primers, they tend to be a little warmer than normal primers, but not as much as Mag primers.

Hawk

I have some on hand. Thanks for the info.

Guy

My son put 3 of 'em in .73" at 100 yards from the bipod this morning. It's shooting just fine.

We head out on our mule deer hunt on Wednesday. :)

Guy

Guy Miner":2b0lchwe said:
My son put 3 of 'em in .73" at 100 yards from the bipod this morning. It's shooting just fine.

Guy

Wishing every success for both of you.

Guy Miner":9i2fac38 said:

Guy

Wyoming again?? Good luck! CL

cloverleaf":2dm3kyc3 said:
Guy Miner":2dm3kyc3 said:

Guy

Wyoming again?? Good luck! CL

Staying home, here in Washington. A couple hours north of where I live though.

Guy

Back