6mm using Nosler E-Tips 90grs.

6mm Remington

Ammo Smith
Feb 27, 2006
Here is a picture of my son with his first buck deer. He used his 6mm Remington and 90gr. E-tips to make a one shot kill on his antelope doe standing at 300 yards, and again another one shot kill on his deer standing facing him at 150 yards. At the shot all four feet of his buck were up in the air. The E-tips were chronographed at 3200 fps out of his Ruger MKII.

Congratulations on the successful hunt!

To post the photos, they must first be uploaded to a web-based photo hosting site, such as Photobucket. Then it's pretty simple to post photos here and on other forums.

Here's a link, telling how to post the photos: http://www.noslerreloading.com/phpBB2/v ... hp?t=10797

The little 6mm is a great cartridge! Congratulations once again! Nothing better than a successful hunt with your son.

Guy

The first deer is always the sweetest. Congratulations to your son. Hopefully, we'll shortly see the photo. Sounds as if that 6mm works very well for him.

Congratulations to your son on his first deer.
I sure glad to hear about another young person getting involved in hunting and shooting.
Look forward to see the photos.

Blessings,
Dan

Jeffsdeer003.jpg

Jeffsdeer004.jpg

Here are my son's photo's of his first mule deer buck, and the deer loaded on our Critter Carts. My dad builds these, and they work great. You can even haul up to a cow or small bull elk whole on it.

Your photo link is malformed, as they say!

If you select the photo on your Photobucket album you should get some links you can cut and paste here. Try the bottom of the choices with the image command...jim

I fixed your links for you. Looks like a good time shared with your son. Great memories I'm sure.

Awesome pictures. Congratulations to your son. Looks like a great first buck. Scotty

Just Mo
Thanks for the help with the links. I had a computer wizard standing beside me, and she couldn't figure it out either. The E-tips really worked good and appeared that they held together very well just as I would expect from them. The big gaping wound on the bucks chest/neck is not from the shot, but from him dressing his buck out pretty much. I got in trouble for helping him too much on his antelope, so after he shot the buck and we made sure he was done, I left him to dress him out himself and I walked back a mile to get the game cart. He still did a pretty good job cleaning him, but wasn't quite finished when I got back. I'm proud non-the-less.

Thanks all for your help.

Very nice. I treasure times like this with my boy.

Thanks for the pictures. Your son looks as if he is truly enjoying himself. Congratulations to him for taking his first mule deer (may he get many more) and to you for introducing him to this great sport.

Back