#7 IS IN MY HANDS!

muleman

Handloader
May 12, 2009
The latest (#7)Nosler Reloading guide is in my hands and it looks great! I like the colors, graphics and the additional info like case capacity in grams of water is very cool. Updated for CCs and the new 300gr .338NAB but not the newest LR NABs. I'm sure that info will be comparable to existing bullets already in the lineup. Some new calibers but missing some like the 17 Hornet and the 416 Ruger. Those will be in the new Hornaday manual that has just been released. I want to shoot the new.17 tipped flatbase Varmageddon in my yet as unpurchased Ruger Predator.
Hey Jim(JD338) they even put in data for the .224BSB in the 22-250 and .223!
You'll all know what I'll be doing tonight!

Scott

Will get it as soon as I can. However, I have to ask - does it provide H4350 data for 165 and/or 180 g for 300WSM. By far, the best powder for my .300 WSM. Also, how does it do anything special (i.e., seperate data) for Etips. Thanks.

sithlord6512":pqih4aw9 said:
Will get it as soon as I can. However, I have to ask - does it provide H4350 data for 165 and/or 180 g for 300WSM. By far, the best powder for my .300 WSM. Also, how does it do anything special (i.e., seperate data) for Etips. Thanks.

H4350 is not listed under the 300wsm try Hogden's website. There is a highlighted note warning reloaders to start with the lightest pwder charges due to the E-Tips' different construction.
Try SuPerformance powder with the 165's I got 3400fps with 150s and 3285fps with165s and MOA to boot.

Scott

wildgene":3p254gk1 said:
...any mention of RL-17 (.300/ .325 WSM)???
NO......just 15 for lighter bullets and 19 for the heavier. RL25 has been added to a few of the heavy hitters and actually looks real promising for the 300RUM.

Scott

My #7 just shipped from Midway today. I should have it early next week. What the heck, I have#4 and #6. I need all the new loads for the .338 Fedeal etc anyway. I had Nosler #! and #2 but gave them to my kids.

There have been so many calibers, especially in the .338 on up category in the past three years that it is hard to keep up. I am really looking forward to getting more data on these and the larger calibers that are experiencing a Renaissance of new rifles being chambered for them with new bullets.

shoots_5":3g4idpxn said:
Anyone else notice that you can buy and download a digital copy of the new manual at SPS?

http://shootersproshop.com/index.php?ro ... ct_id=1043

I don't think any other publishers are doing this are they? Could be pretty handy sometimes to have all that info in something as small as your phone or ipad or what not.

I was not aware of that. It is a great idea, however. Wish I had seen it earlier. I may still spring for it as I'm more likely to go to my desktop than I am my book shelf for a quick review.

I will likely end up with both. I do like to have the book on my shelf with the rest of them but I can also see the advantage of having a digital copy as well! Well played Nosler.... Yet again you've figured out how to get me to spend more money and be perfectly happy about it!

Oldtrader3":nmxcm1qp said:
For us older guys, I still like having the physical book to read in my grimy little paws!

I guess that makes me an old guy as well... at 45, I am starting to see the signs, but this is confirmation...

Oldtrader3":3407uz5w said:
For us older guys, I still like having the physical book to read in my grimy little paws!

I also resemble that remark !!!!!!

Jim

FOTIS":3p8yt1au said:
How about the 17 hornet?

Sorry Fotis,
No 17 Hornet. I've noticed that the Nosler manual seems to lack other Hornaday/Ruger rounds as well(416 Ruger). I've got it covered though - I have Hornaday #9 ordered as well and it should be here on Monday. I'll pass on the 17 Hornet info if you'd like it.

Scott

P.S. The 416Ruger is in #9 - my fat fingers couldn't seperate the pages.

I stopped by Noslers shooters pro shop wed. They had ZERO #7 reloading books to sell. My thought and comment to the three employees in the shop. That is stupid. They changed the store again, back to a waste of time. They think shop floor space should be used for African animal rugs, not Nosler products for sale. Interior design is more important to management than Nosler product for sale to the public. Losing interst in all things nosler is what the proshop is selling.

I had a buddy stop by there the other day looking for some bullets, he was pretty upset that they only sell online now was well. I used to stop by there everytime I went through Bend. If they don't have the Shooters Pro Shop open any more, I don't really have a reason to stop by :cry:

Thanks to Kodiak, the Nosler #7 Guide and the Hornady No. 9 Manual are in my hands. Well, that'll ruin the next week! And me trying to end mule deer season on a positive note. It sure is hard to do that when I have so much good reading to do. :grin: A big "thank you" to Kodiak. I'll have some quick reading to do.

Back