7 PRC Loads

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
A buddy of mine just picked up a 7mm PRC and asked me for some loading help.
Going with the Nosler 175 gr ABLR in Hornady brass. For powder, he has IMR4831SC and H1000. I'm thinking Retumbo would also work well
Anyone have any loads they can share?
Thanks in advance.

JD338

Not a Nosler but in my Mossberg cheapie

6tPu1bI.jpg

vFdiSfn.jpg

Thanks fellas.
My buddy brought his new rifle over yesterday. It's a Marlin just like Foris'.
Mounted a Leupold VX1 3-9x40mm and got it on paper at 50 yards and a quick zero at 100 yds.
Randy went to the 250 gong and hit it a few times. He let me shoot it and I hit the 250 and 200 yard gongs. We were using the Hornady 175 gr ELD-X factory loading.
I have to tell you, that Marlin wants to shoot and the 7mm PRC is a pretty impressive round.

JD338

I believe Randy's is the same. It's cero coated and a green camo stock. Pretty light weight little rig.
He's going to mount a different scope on it in the near future. Just wanted to give it a test drive.
I'm hoping he tries it out on a doe or two this September.

JD338

I worked up:
  • 175 grain Hornady ELD-X
  • 80.5 grains of Ramshot LRT
  • Federal 215 primers
  • Hornady cases
  • 2929 fps
It shot very well, into the .4's and .5's at 100 with tight groups and easy hits on steel at longer ranges as well. That was from a 22" barrel.

Guy
Dang Guy, that’s really impressive velocity from a 22” barrel. LRT has performed very nicely in my 7mm RM’s

Dang Guy, that’s really impressive velocity from a 22” barrel. LRT has performed very nicely in my 7mm RM’s
Thanks. The rifle was built a little short, to accommodate a suppressor. It's a Bartlein barrel. I was doubtful of the 22" barrel and a magnum type 7mm, but it's working well.

This was a 24” 8tw Bartlein.
The gun wears a 26 now but isn’t any faster.

Attachments

• IMG_5895.jpeg
    IMG_5895.jpeg
    259.8 KB · Views: 7
Back