7mm 150 gr PT

For me, I will soon find out regarding the 150 gr Partitions and 7mm Rem Mag.
After a lot of research on the Partition and the super comments from all of you experienced shooters, I have decided to go with them as my 7mm Rem Mag hunting bullet.

the real trick is building a load with them using RL 17. I bought a 5 pounder just before everything went off the shelves so that I what I am going to use for reloading.

Will let everyone know how it goes with the reloads after range day tomorrow.

P.S. I always get a bear tag for here in Colorado but also hunt mostly with the 338 Win Mag and 225 gr Accubonds. I am using both this season. If I have my 7mm Rem Mag, I hope the 150 gr Partitions don't just piss a big bear off. :):):)

338WinMag

The 150 grain PT will work very well on bear. You should have no problems--put the bullet where it belongs and the bear will oblige by dying quite rapidly.

My active account is inactive because I changed my email (aka 338winmag)
That is very good to hear!
Nosler Seconds site has some over-runs so I got another 200 there.
Your recommendation was the final nail to convince me these wil be my hunting bullet.

Thanks DrMike!!!!
Steve

Steve,

I've taken a few black bears with 150 grain bullets, including PTs. They will do the job. Good snag from SPS. Sorry about the glitch on the forum.

Stevesdl":1lwvs735 said:
My active account is inactive because I changed my email (aka 338winmag)
That is very good to hear!
Nosler Seconds site has some over-runs so I got another 200 there.
Your recommendation was the final nail to convince me these wil be my hunting bullet.

Thanks DrMike!!!!
Steve

I could hunt anything with that 150 PT in the 7mm Mauser, WSM or Rem Mag and never miss a beat. Just about any of Nosler's offering's are perfect for them. I am not sure why I haven't zeroed in on the 150 PT's yet, but time will change that.

DrMike":1lwvs735 said:
Oldtrader3":1lwvs735 said:
Jeez, DrMike and you are younger than I am by 5 years1 These kids need to be put in their place on respecting their elders!

That sir, is a fact! HA! :lol:

Man, there is no teaching some of these younguns, Charlie. You can always tell a Marine, but you can't tell him much.

Back