7mm 150gr Accubond LR...When will they become available??

Ingwe":2wauvlnt said:
SJB,

You make good sense to stay with the 160's.
I am wondering though why you say that the ABLR's will NOT be the penetrators that the Accubonds are?? I thought that they are made just the same, only re-shaped for better BC?? That would definitely factor into the mix and I totally agree with shooting game past 600yds...no wind no problem but add wind and all bets are off for me anyway.

Another thing to think about is...Will Nosler continue to make the AccuBond/Origional now that the ABLR is out?? Any word on this???

I am not Nosler, but I would think they are technically "made" the same as the regular AB's, but they fragment much more in the frontal area, under high speed hits, so they will mushroom out further a long way down range.

These are a couple of the recovered pictures from water jugs.

So, they do hold up pretty well, that was shot into the jugs at about 7 yards, so it was probably the most stress a bullet would ever endure, but a regular AB as you know, would have probably retained around 50-70%.

As far as I know, Nosler is continuing to make the regular AB's. I certainly hope they do at least. I really have a few favorites, such as the 140/160 AB for the 7mm.

Jim, will be around to let us know the "word" from Nosler, but I haven't ever heard of them discontinuing the great AB's!

Either way, great to have you aboard this place. I enjoy reading your other posts on 24HCF.

Yes, Jim could you please explain the difference between AccuBond and ABLR.

That would be a GREAT help to all.

I use 160 gr Partitions in my 1 to 9.5, 7mm Rem Mag. Shooting weighed and grouped by weight, Partitions, I get groups under 1 inch at 300 yards. This is with 66.0 grains of IMR 7828 SSC, Fed 215 MM primer, W-W cases and bullets seated to factory COAL (3.290). My magazine is short on the Mark X Mauser, so all bullet weights are loaded to COAL.

As Scotty said, I am almost afraid to change anything because this rifle shoots so accurately. I have had this Mark X custom rifle since about 1973. I have hunted pretty extensively with it in the Rocky Mountains of Utah and Wyoming. It was my long range mule deer rifle for over 30 years. I believe in, if it is not broken, don't fix it!

The AB is a bonded bullet, the ABLR is the same but a higher BC. The ABLR has a thinner jacket allowing more expansion at long range. Up close, they are going to expand more and penetrate less.
Nosler will continue to make the AB.

Min twist for the 7mm 168 gr ABLR is 1:10, 1:9.5 is recommended.
I forgot I had this...
ABLR-OAL-and-Twist.jpg

JD338

That looks pretty danged good Jim. Be interesting to see if the 175's work out in the 9.5's out there. Hope it does. That's pretty serious bullet right there!

I shot them this morning in my 280 AI.
15 shot avg MV was 3103 fps. SD was 19

Did a zero at 200 yds and tested at 300 yds, shooting roughly MOA.
Need to do a little tweaking but will do that later.
Going to the farm tonight to try them on a crop damage deer.

JD338

Everybody who has tried the ABLR bullets so far, has reported really good std. dev. on these bullets. I expect we should see some really nice long range groups with these bullets sooner or later.

My buddy and I each shot a doe with the 7mm 150 gr ABLR this evening.
On game performance was excellent.

JD338

The 168's 7mm and 150's for the .277" have been pretty good so far. Really looking forward to laying something low with them.

Jim, you didn't catch any bullets did ya?

These reports are all excellent. They serve to comfort those of us waiting for these bullets that we are not squandering our funds. It looks as if they will work.

Both bullets exited, leaving exits about the size of a nickel.

JD338

JD338":qo4j292v said:
Both bullets exited, leaving exits about the size of a nickel.

JD338

Nothing wrong with that performance. I would assume massive disruption of internal organs by hydrostatic shock.

Back