7mm Mashburn Super 175 Woodleigh RL33

joelkdouglas":2m939toc said:
Nice Scotty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Joel and fellas.

How are you coming with your Mashburn? Couple of weeks left till go time! I was happy to see the Mashburn on point. I did fire another 3 on top of that group with a 175 BBC in the group just to verify it was on point with the Woodleighs and the three went right over them.. So, as is probably the case I load 5 BBC's and 20 Woodleighs and come back with 20 Woodleighs and 3-4 BBC's :lol:

The Mashburn is back from Kevin. I put some rounds through her Sunday after he rechambered her.

Speed is up, pressure is down. Brass is still flowing into the ejector hole but it could just be the brass. Could be the ejector hole has a rough edge, that would explain the ejector marks.

I had previously chrono’d the 65 grain IMR4350 test load with 139 Hornadys, and it gave 2950 FPS. When I chrono’d the same test load on Sunday it gave 3150 FPS. Same exact load except Winchester brass instead of Nosler, 200 FPS faster. I think it’s something with soft brass and neck donuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3150 is what I always got from that load in Hornady and the RWS brass.

Hopefully you’ll have it up and running soon. Shouldn’t take much to get it screaming.

I emailed with Kevin and he said he checked the ejector/ejector hole and he thinks it's soft brass. I have no reason to disbelieve!

Back