7mmswm

bf275--touche

wildgene, please let us know what rifle your shooting the 175's in, thank you, I guess I could pm you --

Europe":1ux1ukqx said:
Woolworth's----good one cheyenne lol

I also wondered about the 175's in the BLR and Scotty responded above to my inquiry about them

To be honest the 160 grain A Frame you are using now, will probably work as well or better than any other bullet on the market, including the Bitterroot, assuming you can find some. IMHO

The Bitterroot started the bonded bullet trend and is what led to the development of the Aframe; ditto the Northfork by Mike Brady who was a fan of the BBC and Bill Steigers.

They all differ slightly in construction but all are excellent BG bullets. Before he passed away, Steigers told me that the Aframe and the Northfork were closest in performance to the BBC.

yukon huntress":39o2dh3k said:
Thank you gentlemen

My grandfather told me about the Bitterroot. Where do I buy them, from F. W. Woolworth or possibly Dr Mike or April have some stashed away. Actually I think Scotty has some and Jamila knows where some are at, but neither are selling them.

wildgene, is your rifle a BLR ? thank you ( your use of the 175's )

...no, a Win. Mod 70., but the 160gr. HPBT SGK & 160/ 175gr. GrandSlams all feature a flat meplat that gives you some additional room for seating (mag length seems to be a recurring theme in Browning rifles) & prevents distortion from recoil. None of them are really "high B.C.", but they're good enough out to 400yds. you probably wouldn't notice, they all tend to shoot very well out of everything I've tried them in, most important for me tho, is the terminal ballistics are very consistent, they go in, dump a bunch of energy, go out the other side, 40ft. or 400yds...

Back