8mm [.323] 180 grain Ballistic Tip.

Eagleye

Beginner
Oct 21, 2004
This is a question for Nosler: Is the 180 Ballistic Tip in 8mm diameter a fairly sturdy BT? I am interested in trying it in a 8x57 [modern rifle] and am sure it can be driven to 2700+ Was curious if the jacket is heavier than some of the smaller diameter BT's. Thanks, Eagleye.

The 8mm 180 BT does have a thicker jacket and is suitable for use thru the 8mm Remington Mag. :grin:

Eagleye":nmhn074w said:
This is a question for Nosler: Is the 180 Ballistic Tip in 8mm diameter a fairly sturdy BT? I am interested in trying it in a 8x57 [modern rifle] and am sure it can be driven to 2700+ Was curious if the jacket is heavier than some of the smaller diameter BT's. Thanks, Eagleye.

I have used the 8mm 180gr BT with great results when driven to 2960fps from an 8mm-06 Ackley Improved. Impacts from 50 to 240yds gave similar terminal performance.

Thanks for the rsponse. I have purchased a new M700 "Classic" in 8x57. I want to exploit it's true potential in a modern, strong [and probably very accurate] rifle. I will be checking out the 200 Partitions and Accubonds as well, but thought the 180 BT might be the best longer range projectile. Regards, Eagleye.

Back