8mm Magnum(s)

I'm just thinking that by moving the bullet out, it essentially makes the case bigger.

Any of you who have an 8mm, had an 8mm, want an 8mm, or are in any way interested in 8mm, I just created a new facebook group:

8mm Magnum Fans (for Schulers, WSMs, Rem Mags, wildcats, any kind of big 8 )
https://www.facebook.com/groups/283238462046650/

Not much there now, but the more people we get posting on it the more fun it'll be.

Don't do Facebook (perhaps I should, but...) Nevertheless, I do enjoy both my 8X68S and my 325 WSM, either of which will put a smack down on about any game I tackle with them.

DrMike":zh7039ta said:
Don't do Facebook (perhaps I should, but...) Nevertheless, I do enjoy both my 8X68S and my 325 WSM, either of which will put a smack down on about any game I tackle with them.
Cool. I've really gotten into them. I like what I've read about the 8x68S except the brass availability. My 8mm RM doesn't group worth a crap. I think it's the stock, warped over the years. When you set it into the stock, the action and barrel rocks back and forth before you tighten the action screws. I thought about bedding the action and sanding out the pressure point in the forend, but I'd also like a better recoil pad, which would probably mean shortening the stock a bit for a short-arm guy like me and then trying to make the recoil pad match the stock, and it could use a refinish . . . and I decided it would be easier to buy a new custom stock than to do all that. I have a McMillan ordered. Hopefully that'll help. And when I get a little more of the factory ammo shot up, I'm going to start reloading for it and see if the groups tighten up a little.

Still thinking about building a long-ish 325 WSM.

Back