9 1/2 primers.

C.Smith

Handloader
Oct 11, 2006
What are your guys opinions of these primers? I usually use Federal GM215m but they are scared and I've decided to try other primers and look for a good load with them. This will be in my 300WM with either 180 AB or 210 ABLR?

Corey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stopped using Remington primers since they seat a little loose, even in new brass. I'll stick with CCI 250 Magnum primers if you cannot find any GM 215's. I was lucky I got an order of 3,000 primers in GM 210's. They sure are hard to find, try to set up an email alert from your reloading supply stores, hopefully they get a shipment and you get that email and buy those primers ASAP before they sell out. Better to buy by the 1,000 (box of 10).

Side note, the Rem primer cup width is .210 while the CCI , Federal and Winchesters are .001 to .002 wider for a tighter fit.

Yes I agree I always try to buy by the thousands. Thanks for the heads up. I only ask because there are a lot of these locally and maybe that is why.

Corey

That's really interesting they are wider. Wonder why Remington dies that?

C.Smith":355tc0ci said:
That's really interesting they are wider. Wonder why Remington dies that?

UsYGBtG.jpg

I've had good success with CCI 250 Primers in my 30-06. My good friend in Colorado that I hunt Elk with has used them in his 300 Win Mag for a lot of years too. Use them with confidence. :wink:

Don

That's good to know. The ones I have are 18 years old but I'm sure they are fine.

Corey

C.Smith":n2rm2cz1 said:
Yes I agree I always try to buy by the thousands. Thanks for the heads up. I only ask because there are a lot of these locally and maybe that is why.

Corey

Right now in some of our LGS Rem is only primer you can get. Nosler manual uses 9 1/2M for SAUM and Hodgdon use them for 7/300 RUM. I use equal Fed 210,210m and Rem 9 1/2.

That list does not come from SAAMI Spec

http://www.jamescalhoon.com/primers_and_pressure.php I think if there was problem with Dia it would of been mention

Federal is my favorite large rifle primer with Winchester being second. I could not get the accuracy with Remington large rifle primers I did with the others.
Billy

I'm not shooting factory chambered rifle and I pretty much shoot those primer I mentioned. I build 300WSM with Kreiger barrel and it did shoot OK with the Fed /Rem but I got introduced to the WLRM primer and good primer.

I got bullet that don't shoot in my rifles so would be alright to slam those as no-good.

Back