90gn 6.5 Grendel

mkk

Beginner
Jan 6, 2018
Any success with this bullet?
I’ll be loading with H335 and shooting out of an AR with 20” 1/8 Satern barrel

Any success with this bullet?
I’ll be loading with H335 and shooting out of an AR with 20” 1/8 Satern barrel
A guy on 6.5 Grendel forum has had good success on feral pigs with 90 gr. TNTs. I’ve never used anything lighter than 100 gr. Partitions in my 6.5 Grendel.

I have 100's to 123's from hp's to fmj's for pigs. Also I'll use Lapua 144fmj-bt's for heavy hitting from a 24". I try and keep mv at a minimum of 2,700 (just a preference), but use lighter bullets in the 20" to keep mv up (just a preference). I wouldn't use any frangible/fragmenting type. The tnt's are almost too soft, but it depends on where you hit them? FMJ's never let me down on any animal 1 shot 1 kill and never ran off. If the pigs run off and die somewhere else then that's fine. That means I don't have to drag them off my crops and the yote's can have at them!

Reactions: mkk
I haven't used either on game, we mostly used the 123 SST and 120 BT, but I would think that either to 90 or 95 would work well on the coyote. If you're saving the fur, I think a 90 TNT, 90 Varmegeddon, or 95 Vmax would be just dandy in the grendel. I played with the TNT and its easy to find accuracy with Benchmark, TAC and X-Terminator. With X-Terminator being velocity champ and accuracy was on par with the other two. I've since moved on to the 85 Hammer Hunter and see no reason to change. ;)

Reactions: mkk
Back