A good day of SWAT training

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
With my buddy Homer, a long time ago. I had all black hair then, and there was 20 pounds less of me. Same "Green Machine" .308 then.... in the original stock.

We trained hard, and went through a lot together. That short, stocky fellow was TOUGH. A Marine in his younger days and perhaps the most incredibly skilled man with a bolt action rifle I've ever met. Benchpress? Try benchpressing with a fellow who's got a huge chest and short, thick arms... It's cheating!!!

Just found the old photo, and thought I'd share it. It was a good day of training as I recall, at the police range with the SWAT team.

Guy

I'm sure it brings back memories, Guy. I hate to look at old pictures of myself because I hardly recognize me today.

Thanks Guy, my closest friend's Dad was built just like that his forearms and biceps were the same size :wink: and he had a chest like a whiskey barrel. To this day I have never seen a man that was as steady as him free hand shooting :wink:. Find photos like that are always great cause they normally bring back lots of good memories (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Back