A good hunting battery should have which calibers???

Well, I sold the 30-378 w/36 rounds of wby brass and rings and bought a 300 RUM Sendero with a 20 MOA rail, 3 boxes loaded ammo and 200 rounds of 1x brass for 50 bucks more than I got for the wby.........

I still have mixed feelings about this, had alot of fun and good times hunting with the weatherby.

The Sendero is said to only have 80 rounds thro it, but even if it's got 200 roudns thro is it's still a reasonable deal since the sendero's just went from 1200 to 1430 Cad new here.

I'm really expecting great things from this rifle. I really liked the Accumark, but got tired of the length. 28" barrel with 2" of brake in a rifle that eighs the same as the 26" sendero. I realize that I will lose about 150FPS to the barrel length and about 100 to the smaller case, but I also get brass @ $1.25 Cad as opposed to $4.

I want to first get a Jewell or Timney trigger, any experiance with either???

Second, get a PTG bolt with sako extractor.

Third, run 1500 rounds thro it at targets and then hunting WT & Mule deer, LR coyotes and Elk......... :grin: :grin: :grin:

JT.

Would make more sense to just install a trigger and wear out a barrel first then get the PTG bolt and accurize at the same time. Should be about 3-5 years to shoot 1500 thro it.

JT.

Back