Accubond .308 200 question

kagd358

Beginner
Oct 4, 2005
Hello all :grin: new to the site and have a couple questions. First does anyone know the BC of the .308 200 grain AccuBond , I have the Nosler #5 manual but it does not list it or loads for it. Is it safe to use 200 grain Partition info with the Accubonds? Also are they tougher construction than the partitions? I am loading for a 300 Win Mag and am loading primarily for elk out here in Colorado. Also my next question is on the .358 225 Partition, has anyone used this bullet in the 358 Winchester? I own a Browning BLR in 358 with a 20" barrel will I get enough velocity for the Partition to open up or should I load something else. Once again it would be for Mule deer and Elk in the dark timber. Thanks to all for your input.:?:

Hey kagd358,
The bc for that bullet is .588.
I don't know the answer to your other question, but I would think that given the likely short range that you would be using the .358 at, that you would have enough velocity to open up a Partition. But, since you also mentioned deer, and given that ballistic tips in the larger calibers are constructed heavier, you could also use them and probly not have to worry about them blowing up.
Heck, Nosler loads em in their 35 Whelen and says that they are good for elk...
I'm using 200gr BTs in my .338-06 for elk and I'm not gonna worry a bit about them blowing up.

D

kagd358,

The BC for the .308 200 gr AB is .588. You can use the 200 gr PT loading data for the 200 gr AB's.
As for the .358 225 gr PT's, I have used them for several years in my 35 Whelen. They will work great in black timber for elk. You need to have an impact velocity above 1800 fps for expansion, which woould get you out to around 250 yds.

Regards,

JD338

Thanks much guys I knew someone would know the information. I have read that the ballistic tips will not function through my short magazine due to the limited COA required. I have a max of 2.82 to work with. Single loading a Lever gun kind of defeats the purpose. JD338 Have you had the luck to harvest with the 225 partitions? I would love to hear how they have performed.

Back