Accubond proves again

high desert elk

Beginner
Oct 28, 2007
Just finished up a Utah cow hunt last week (1 week ago). It was a new area to me, never hunted it before. The storms that hit the southern rockies put down around 8-12 inches where I was hunting. Cut some tracks made the afternoon before, quit snowing by then, and kept on them until I caught up to them where they spent the night down in a neat little canyon/bowl. I first saw where they headed off the ridge I was on down into the canyon and I stayed high. I heard them calling back and forth. I spotted one when I got to some rimrocks and ranged her at 293 yds. One shot put her down. The bullet performed like it has many times before. Shot her with a .270 wsm, 140 gr AccuBond. She was slightly quartering toward me and is laying on the side the bullet went in. As the photo shows, it passed through her after hitting a rib on the entrance side.

Fun hunt.

PC130107.JPG
[/img][/url]

high desert elk,

Very nice cow elk. Congratulations!

JD338

Sounds like you did everything right and it paid off nicely with an excellent shot that you handled nicely. I love it when a plan comes together. Those Accubonds are the new benchmark for hunting bullets as far as I'm concerned! Congratulations on a nice elk and thank you for sharing.
Good Hunting
Elkhunt :grin:

Back