Accubond

Charlie, I use 375 Ruger brass. I neck it down, bump the shoulder back some and trim it. One pass through the 34 Newton die and a few turns on the trimmer. 375 Ruger brass from Hornady is about a dollar a piece but seems of excellent quality.

Scotty, I have been using some Hornady brass for the 9.3x74R. I got some on sale last year. Then shortly after I bought the Hornady brass, they put the Norma 9.3 mm brass on sale half-price, so I bought a bunch of that as well. Norma is nice stuff but Hornady is certainly useable. They both shoot fine.

I figured that you were reworking .375 Ruger cases. The .404 Jeffery cases are pretty pricey.

SJB358":h38ubmki said:
Charlie, I use 375 Ruger brass. I neck it down, bump the shoulder back some and trim it. One pass through the 34 Newton die and a few turns on the trimmer. 375 Ruger brass from Hornady is about a dollar a piece but seems of excellent quality.

Versatile brass this. I use it for .280 Ross cases. It does mean turning the belt after sizing, but it works quite well for this purpose.

So Ruger inadvertently helped handloaders of all these larger capacity cases out when they designed the .375 Ruger. I guess that they started at the same place, the .404 Jeffery?

Oldtrader3":399aciq1 said:
So Ruger inadvertently helped handloaders of all these larger capacity cases out when they designed the .375 Ruger. I guess that they started at the same place, the .404 Jeffery?

It is actually a little smaller than a 404 Jeffrey Charlie. The RUM's are 404 sized, where as the 375 Ruger really is the exact same as the original Newton's just with the shoulder blown forward with a shorter neck.

.532 body size for the Ruger/Newton and .550 for the RUM's.

Back