Accubond

Picture perfect!
Congratulations on your elk.

JD338

The performance on that bullet is just great. Congratulations on your elk.

My son is using 140 gr. accubonds in his 270 winchester this year. He has picked up 6 white tailed deer so far this season from 76 to 386 yards and has had text book performance on every one. He is thrilled with their performance so far.

I managed a couple of carribou this year with 180ABs in my .300WSM. Range was about 200 yards and a bit of change. Both were shoot throughs so no pictures of expanded bullets- two DOA bou though!

Congrats on getting your elk. I would not expect anything different from a AccuBond. They are fine bullet and Nosler has made another winner :wink:

Blessings,
Dan

That bullet looks perfect! Congrats on the elk. 300WBY and 180gr bullets are pretty serious elk medicine! Scotty

This is exactly what I'm looking for out of my 280 Ackley Improved !!! Looks like it worked perfect !!!! Nice

I have one that looks almost like that one but it is a 130 gr .264 shot from my 264 Win mag at 3350 fps that was taken from a white tail buck at 111 yards. Bullet entered the front edge of the left shoulder as it was facing me with a slight left shoulder toward me angle. I found the bullet in the right ham. Weight was 87 grs. Deer was DRT. I have shot 4 other deer from 80 to 250 yards and all were through and through DRT.

Congratulations on the Elk. Where were you hunting, etc.?

I took a cow elk last week on Vermejo Park Ranch in northern New Mexico. Took us two days to find the cows. Counted 38 bulls in groups of 3 to 7 most within 100 yards over those two days--a couple of them really nice 360+ 6X6's. They apparently had been tipped off that we had cow tags.

When we finally found the cows, I took an approximate 375 yard shot out of my 7mm STW loaded with about 80 grains of H1000 behind a 160 gr AccuBond. She was completely broadside. Hit square in the center of a rib just behind the front shoulder and took out 1/3 of her heart and turned the lung on that side to jelly. Interestingly, the bullet did not penetrate the opposite rib cage and I could not find the bullet in all of the gelatinous stuff in the thoracic cavity. Given that my bullet energy at that range would exceed a .308 out the muzzle, I can't really explain why it didn't punch through except that it may have over expanded and come apart. The opposite lung was all pink and seemingly intact.

Anyway, she dropped after a brief 25 yard burst and was dead when I got up to her. I guess one can't argue with success.

Bob,
Can I ask you what velocity your load produces and what shot placement you made on the Elk you killed with the AccuBond?

Thanks,
Don

Back