addicting

hunter1276

Beginner
Jan 24, 2012
WOW this is addicting lol ....... love the fact of making my own rounds tweeking GRRRRR its so fun lol. just curious anyone else feel same way lol?

Yup, I have been at it for 37 years. :mrgreen:

JD338

hunter1276":i18v48u1 said:
WOW this is addicting lol ....... love the fact of making my own rounds tweeking GRRRRR its so fun lol. just curious anyone else feel same way lol?

Yes, everyone on this forum has O.C.L.D.D. The proof is that everyone owns a chrony and almost everyone has killed at least one.

hubcap":2gr7rqxt said:
hunter1276":2gr7rqxt said:

Yes, everyone on this forum has O.C.L.D.D. The proof is that everyone owns a chrony and almost everyone has killed at least one.
The obsession has no cure. Five decades now this year.Deflector plates have saved my chrony 4 times that I remember :lol: ROFCRS

I can't add much other than to say that ever since I turned out that first 38Spl wadcutter round for plinking at the range, I've been hooked. I've moved up to medium ranges with rifles these days, and I'm loving the pursuit!

Handloading is good stuff. One thing I had to cure myself of years ago was messing around with too many different combinations of bullet, powder, primer & brass. I was always cooking up something different.

Now I pretty much stick to a few well known combinations, or minor variations on them.

It's fun messing around with all the different stuff, but I like having a lot of consistent ammo on the shelf, ready to go. The rifles & handguns all sighted in, a nice working system, not a jumble of boxes of this and that.

Loading itself is fun, you bet!

It all started when I could not find any ammo for one (1) of my guns. Now, I can't stop :roll:

Hi. My name is Fotis, and I am a powder addict! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

rofcrs":2qlhsie9 said:
"Reloading saves Money" This is still my goal!

that is one of my many excuses, all though true, so I can continue to justify my addiction :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

"The proof is that everyone owns a chrony and almost everyone has killed at least one."

Oh please don't say that.. I just got mine back from Chrony for recalibration. :(

..I did not chop down the cherry tree and I am not addicted. :wink:

My name is Rob. I am a handloader.

I love the Midway catalog. When I found out what the retail cost of 7mm-08 ammo loaded with 120 grain Nosler BTips was, I just had to point it out to my wife. She was very impressed by how much money I am able to save by loading my own ammo.

Of course I failed to mention the inventory of over 4500 bullets, 45,000 primers, 35 pounds of powder, 450 rifle brass, 5000 handgun brass, 500 pounds of lead shot, 6500 wads [in four gauges], 2 Ponsness Warren shotgun reloaders, 4500 rounds of various types and gauges of shotgun ammo, 1 Dillon pistol reloader [with 2 caliber conversion kits], 13 die sets, an RCBS electronic scale and programable powder measure, and 1 thirty year old Rock Chucker press that I bought used to save some money....

See how much money I save, honey.... Why don't you come shooting with me so we can save some more?

Many years ago I resigned myself to the fact that I had become one of those guys that if my kids ever got into serious trouble and the police ever got into my house the subsequent article in the newspaper would make me sound like some sort of terrorist wannabe or militant trouble maker. I thank God every day that my two progeny were very well behaved and avoided getting into some "stupid kid" kinds of trouble. [In fact, when my son was 15 I told him that, after watching a friend spend big $ on an attorney to get his kid out of trouble, I was buying him a new Citori because he was a good kid; but if he ever screwed up, the gun would go in order to pay for the lawyer. Thank goodness that never happened because I really like that gun.]

Back