Alliant Powders...Eye Watering

Slowly gravitating towards ramshot
I really like Ramshot powders. I haven’t tried them all of course, but TAC, LRT, and Hunter have been as good or better than just about any other powder out there. I picked up 5 lbs of LT-32 to try in my 45-70’s, just haven’t loaded it yet. Fotis won’t have a problem. He could pour sand in the case and put 10 into 3/8” groups. Us mere mortals may have to work a little harder for it. Lol

As my dad used to sayin reference to gas prices, "they can't drink it". Buy only what you must have and leave the extra on the shelves at the store. Once inventory starts to get excessive prices will drop. As long as people pay the prices, they prices will stay high.

American Reloading has powder in 8lb jugs for around $200 when they come in you just have to do your own diligence by what they say the powders mimic. Might be good for anybody that is on a budget and short powder.

Last summer when Sportsman’s Warehouse opened nearby , they had 5lb jugs of RL-17 on the shelf for $250. I passed on them thinking the price would come down at some point , I’m kicking myself still to this day.
Your $250 turns at a minimum into £300GBP here in UK - with carriage across the pond & UK tax & duty often shop pricing is way more than you pay in USA. We're at around £60/lb for propellant & around £150/1000 for primers. I was recently in Bass Pro in Colorado Springs & amazed how much less you pay for stuff in USA - Gee Wizz, if only we had stores like that in UK - I'm very envious!

I have two pounds of Reloader 26 and 16.The price Reloader powders have gone up to these days,it may be the last Reloader powder I may ever buy.That's OK,Reloader powder isn't the only powder on the planet.I've always worked up loads with several powders that work well instead of being stuck on just one powder.

Back