FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Being a moderator has its perks.......
Check this out:

etipbanner.jpg

press-release.jpg

Hmmm kinda looks like the Barnes MRX design...

I bet there frickin expensive...

Will be good for the guys who think they need a bullet to retain 95%+

This is what I received from Nosler.

POP: To answer some of the questions, firstly it's not an all copper bullet like some of the competition's lead free bullets so it doesn't share the characteristics, like snapping the petals at a high velocity. That also means it doesn't foul like an all copper bullet, the accuracy is amazing. I saw the results just two days ago, I'll post when I can.

I'm just waiting for a call back on the price so I can give you a ballpark figure.

I'll keep you posted.

backside.jpg
[/quote]

Update!

POP:

Just got some more info for you.

Pricing: It will be slightly more than Partition. (that's a lot less than MRX)

Availability: Ammunition through Winchester will be first and it will be available prior to hunting season. Bullets will be available fourth quarter of this year.

That's all I got right at this second. I'll be changing the website off and on all day.
[/quote]

You don't know how hard it was to keep from telling everyone on this forum weeks ago. :grin:

I had a feeling it was going to be HUGE news!

when will we see a 110/ 115 grain for the .257 caliber in this bullet?

Thats theproblem with the Barnes MRX they didn't know if they would even make then in .257, I hope nosler plans on making them, they look to be a great long range coyote,goat and deer bullet.

Are they going to make it in anything lighter besides the 30 cal. 180gr in the fall or are they going to drag there feet like they did with AccuBond with the lighter gr. bullets?

Patience grasshopper :lol:

They are in full scale production mode! :twisted:

Pop-

Thanks for keeping us informed, both here and the 'campfire.

I do have a technical question to pose. "The Other Guys" learned the hardway that with their long bullets, speed of the bullet could not keep up with the competition unless grooves were cut into the shank to reduce friction and pressures.

Is the alloy in the Nosler "soft" enough to keep the speed up without grooves or will there be a speed penalty and maybe grooves in the future?

ETA: Also, with these single element bullets, its been advertised the dropping 1 or 2 weights from the traditional weight vs game was practical. Why, I wonder, a 180g instead of a 165 or 168?

As far as your first question I will let Nosler answer it since they are the subject matter experts.

As far as the weight goes I believe their choice of 180's is a wise and practical one. It is the classic weight in most 30's especially the big mags which this bullet will shine in.

The good news is that I am 100% sure it will be available in most other weight also, just like with the AccuBond we gotta wait.

Personally I am hoping for a 325 gr 416 cal........ :lol:

270 cal 140gn and a 338 cal 250gn E-tip, please. They come up with a 250gn in 338, I may just have to buy that 338RUM after all. :grin:

sorry POP the mind just got in a hurry, the accubonds in 150gr & 165gr were worth the wait.

I think the ad is pretty misleading. I've shot a whole whack of things up to and including a moose as where the 168 TSX broke a shoulder at about 3000 fps and it never broke off any petals. I can't remember any of the TSX bullets I've seen look like the one in your ad.

I have however seen a whole bunch of ballistic bullets look just like the ones Barnes had in their ads.

I think Nosler makes some great bullets, I'm not sure where this one will fit in. You guys should work on making the Partition more accurate.

Nothing misleading, both bullets were shot at 1800fps and 3200fps into the same gel using the same weight and caliber.

JusMo":2p542f2v said:
Nothing misleading, both bullets were shot at 1800fps and 3200fps into the same gel using the same weight and caliber.

The 1800 fps I believe, it's outside the parameters for Barnes expansion, but the Etip didn't work very well either, How many did you have to shoot to Get that result. It doesn't come close to mirroring my experience.

I'd like to know if this new bullet will require extra special attention to cleaning the barrel - that was the case with the X-Bullets and wonder if this will need to be done with the E-Tip?

Back