Another scope bites the dust!

Looks like a good choice. That rifle will give it a good workout. Your assessment will be instructive, no doubt.

The 3" eye relief which I just noticed scares me

3792814323_18ae1d369d_b.jpg

FOTIS":450fmm1z said:
The 3" eye relief which I just noticed scares me

That is a little scary as well. That is what keeps me away from the Meopta's..

Not really an issue read the link that I posted

Fotis, try looking for a used Zeiss VMV. I know their not common but I've got a 1.5X6 on my .338RUM and so far it's held up great. I talked with Zeiss on this scope prior to purchase and I was told that it was designed for heavy (read African) calibers. It's got a 30MM tube and I've got mine anchored down with Warne mounts and rings. I think Dr. Mike would agree with the ruggedness of this particular line of scopes.

I have a Diavari V/VM scope, a 5-15x42 with Tessar T* lenses. They are a great optically clear scope but I paid $1500 for mine 20 years ago! You can not buy one used for less than $1100.

Bushnell has used the "test fired 10,000 times without failure on a 375H&H" claim for some time. With their "bullet-proof warranty", I can't see how they could not make you happy if something went wrong. I'd give it a go. The 6500's are nice.

Fotis,

Nice scope. I hope this one holds up for you on the big 378 Wby.

If it doesn't work, your only option is going to be this one...........

STS416X44IR.jpg

BSA STS416X44IR 4-16x44 STEALTH TACTICAL MD RIFLE SCOPE
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

JD338

Jim you suck! :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Maybe you put a prairie dog in there to run and as the wheel turns it generates enough power to illuminate the reticle. Hey, it sounds reasonable!

Jim I believe you have been spending to much time with or talking to Scott :shock:
Fotis has been such a good forum participant and now you are picking on him :mrgreen:
He would never take advantage of you if you were in the same situation :roll:

Blessings,
Dan

FOTIS":35ayrlad said:
Jim you suck! :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just busting your chops buddy. :mrgreen:

I sure hope the SWFA SS holds up buddy. If not, a fixed 6x might be the only option left.

JD338

Or you could put a good peep sight on there Fotis. I doubt even the 378 could break and XS or Skinner! :twisted:

Back