Another scope bites the dust!

I have a Swarovski Z3 3-10x42 on my Christensen Arms 300 Ultra without a brake for the last 2 years without any issues.
A local chap I know just sent back his Zeiss Conquest which was removed from his 338-378 Bee with a brake. He could not get it to group under 10'' at 100 yards and finally nailed it down to scope malfunction.Last I heard he has not heard back from Zeiss yet.

The Zeiss Conquest is made in the US from Schott Glass and Zeiss components. This may slow down the time of repair a little because the scope has be to be shipped to and from Canada with customs? Zeiss is not noted for being really fast in warranty work (< 6 weeks) but they have the reputation of standing behind their products, being thorough and doing excellent work.

The .338-378 Bee is known as a scope breaker, especially with a brake. Does he use a lead sled? This can contribute to scope failure as well. I have a .340 Weatherby and put a 3.5-10x50 Kahles scope on it, for the very same reason. I have a Conquest scope but have not had it on anything heavier than a .45-70 Marlin. I hope that your friend gets good service from Zeiss but expect that he will.

Not sure if he uses a sled or not as I do not shoot with him but just bump into him at the local hardware store every once in a while. Hard to imagine one guy having tough luck with the Leupolds as I have beat on one since 1994 on my STW and in an out of the chuckwagon regularly without any problems. I know the STW is mild compared to the 378 B. I'm sure Leupold will take care of it.

Leupolds are okay but I have had three VXIII's which failed on various .338 and .300 Magnums since 1990. Leupold fixed or replaced all of them, one was 2.5-8x36 and two were 3.5-10x40 VariXIII's.

I have never had a failure from Zeiss, Kahles or Swarovski depite some of these scopes being on hard kickers for 10+ years.

Fotis,

I bet Leupold will have an answer by the end of the week.
I sure hope they are able to beef it up for you.

JD338

JD338":3n4c6cdn said:
Fotis,

I bet Leupold will have an answer by the end of the week.
I sure hope they are able to beef it up for you.

JD338

Or something!!!

Back