Antelope hunt done!

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Pretty simple hunt this year. Hunters were my Friend Antoni (yes another Greek and a new hunter) and myself. Back a few months I set up a Savage Axis for him in 308 Win. He has practiced with it and he has gotten pretty good with it. Anyway he made a wicked shot with it yesterday. 217 yards and the buck was facing him. The 150 gr hornady (factory ammo) hammered him and dropped him right there. Very proud of this new hunter. I think I got him hooked!

Mine was a ho-hum shot at 65 yards with my 6mm ARC. Shoulder shot DRT.

Great thing to report is that the antelope have rebound big time in that area. Last year was miserable. We were done before 11 this year.

Excellent report. Congratulations to each of you. Had to have been a thrill for Antoni to take his first game. Glad to hear that the antelope have rebounded. Always good to know that the game is beating the odds.

Great hunt Fotis, thanks for sharing. Antelope for my girls starts in 2 weeks I hope we are successful as your party.

Fotis,
Congratulations to you and Antoni on your successful Antelope hunt.
Glad to hear that the Antelope are making a comeback. I know we saw hundreds of speed goats last month when we were in Wyoming.
Fingers crossed for a draw next year.
Way to go buddy!

JD338

Outstanding! Glad you introduced your friend to hunting!

Guy
Funny story Guy. He lived in Delaware and he had a thriving Dental practice. His son was attending University of Wyoming. He visited out here and fell in love with the place. Additionally, he got so sick of the liberals back there that he sold everything at 50 years old and retired here with the whole family! He is 60 now. We met through our boys' friendship in University of Wyoming and church. We hunt all the time now!

Funny story Guy. He lived in Delaware and he had a thriving Dental practice. His son was attending University of Wyoming. He visited out here and fell in love with the place. Additionally, he got so sick of the liberals back there that he sold everything at 50 years old and retired here with the whole family! He is 60 now. We met through our boys' friendship in University of Wyoming and church. We hunt all the time now!
Good stuff right there!

JD338

Congratulations to everyone in your party for a tag filling hunt. Additional kudos to you for successfully introducing a new person to hunting. Dan

Fotis,
Congratulations to you and Antoni on your successful Antelope hunt.
Glad to hear that the Antelope are making a comeback. I know we saw hundreds of speed goats last month when we were in Wyoming.
Fingers crossed for a draw next year.
Way to go buddy!

JD338
If you and Sue draw it will be a blast!

Great job!

I'm envious, but also glad to see the antelope numbers increase.
This year is the first time in 7 years that we drew 0 antelope tags in WY.

Congratulations to you and your friend. Good of you to introduce him to shooting and hunting. Glad your area has the game increasing. Dan.

Congrats Fotis! Getting the hunting year started off right! Good deal. Congrats all the way around.

Fotis- Nice to see an antelope report! Didnt draw a tag this year. It seems you have to get your application in on time, not 24 hours too late :mad: :rolleyes:.You'd think I'd be paying closer attention.... Great to hear you got out with a friend and "new hunter" to boot(y). Life is good. CL

I keep trying to download your pix but can’t seem to make it happen-maybe you could post them up for us🙂

Back