Antelope success! updated recovered bullets!!!!

its the ying yang symbol just a test

Pop,

Good input on the recovered bullets. The 7mm 120 gr BT is one tough bullet. And to think it retained its core! The 7mm 160 gr AB is a rare find, they almost always exit.
What did they weigh?

JD338

Surprised the core stayed intact on that 120g BT...

I haven't recovered but a few 30 cal 180g NBT's from elk and bear from friends animals and they always lose the cores..

When shooting in wet newspaper, NBT's always lose there cores...

Doesn't seem to have much effect on game though, the result is always the same and thats a DRT animal!! I myself haven't been fortunate to find any of my NBT's...

The AB is typical performance...Surprised you found one in an antelope of all things...

Curious on the weight retention on both though???

Guessing the NBT was around 50% and the AB around 60-65%??

Hunting was a lot of fun and i cant wait to do it again. I am busy trying out new recipes on all the meat that i have crammed into my small freezer. I am going to have to get a bigger freezer before i try elk hunting.

However i am think that maybe the 7m Remington mag is a bit too strong for antelope. I know it has a lot to do with shot placement, but I ruined most of the back strap due to bullet trauma (and here i wanted to use the .458 that pop sold me). It was recommended to me to buy a .243.

Any thoughts on this?

The 243 Win would work well, so would a 257 Roberts. The key is to keep bullets in the ribs, minimal meat loss.

JD338

I am using my 243 for my next goat next month. 95 gr NBT at 3100 fps

Back