Anybody ever use Jamison brand of brass??

cloverleaf

Handloader
Sep 10, 2006
Jamison brass for my 250. See also the reviews in the link below. Would it be wortjh the effort to develop reduced loads as one evaluator suggests given that I have my "load" with Remington/ Winchester brass. Hornady is also available through Midway but others here have experienced problems. Thoughts? Thanks TH

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/713973 ... -bag-of-20

I have never heard of the company so I did a little background search and found that Captech International bought them and are manufacturing still.
I emailed them to see if they have a Canadian Distributor (y).

Blessings,
Dan

I have seen where they manufacture .375 Winchester brass and if not mistaken, .348 also??

Captech emailed me back already advising that they do not export to Canada :shock:.
Oh well I was interested in there 35 Whelen brass :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":uxrzg55z said:
Captech emailed me back already advising that they do not export to Canada :shock:.
Oh well I was interested in there 35 Whelen brass :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

Well that sucks. Feel for you guys up there. Dad turned around at the border last time he was headed up that way. Lots of questions about whether he owned firearms, at the border... too bad, good folks and beautiful country. Damn terrorists... Debating whether I really need any more brass for the 250. :shock: Given the state of my old carcass, I likely have more than I will ever wear out. But, a guy can try.... :wink: CL

Been using it in my 300 Savage. Found it to be good stuff and had no issues with it at all. Laid in a supply for the 375 Winchester since nobody else was making it but have not loaded any yet.

Thomas

cloverleaf":2hma8rb2 said:
Jamison brass for my 250. See also the reviews in the link below. Would it be wortjh the effort to develop reduced loads as one evaluator suggests given that I have my "load" with Remington/ Winchester brass. Hornady is also available through Midway but others here have experienced problems. Thoughts? Thanks TH

Use the Hornady CL. Their new stuff is every bit as good as WW.

SJB358":3jxuunnr said:
cloverleaf":3jxuunnr said:

Thanks for the tip. Was wondering about that. I see that Hornady has some loaded 250 Sav in the catalog for 2017. Depending on price may have to give that a try. CL

cloverleaf":9nm5tixp said:
SJB358":9nm5tixp said:
cloverleaf":9nm5tixp said:

Thanks for the tip. Was wondering about that. I see that Hornady has some loaded 250 Sav in the catalog for 2017. Depending on price may have to give that a try. CL

I use a lot of Hornady these days. Great brass for the most part.

I just purchased some for my .257 Roberts but have not used it yet. It was the only brass available at this time.

Might have to try some of the Hornady stuff in 6mm Remington since it's been pretty scarce finding any brass for it lately. I'd like to get some extras just to have for down the road in the future.

I've been bumping Nosler (e-mails and such) to try and get them to make brass for the 6mm Remington. They make it for some really off-beat rounds that I can't imagine being as popular as the 6mm Remington so I figured it couldn't hurt.

Nosler are you listening???

I opened a bag (20 cases) of Jamison .257 Roberts and checked them on my digital scale. I found a weight variance from 181.2 - 182.6 grains. About 75% fell within .5 grains or less and only 3 cases exceeded 1.0 grains. This was a very small sampling but I believe it is going to very adequate for hunting brass.

Back