Anyone hazard a guess about POI?

Bigwheels

Beginner
Sep 17, 2006
I switched from Sierra GK's to Nosler AB's,& after running all the info I had through my Infinity program,I got a supprise.The calculated trajectory for my MV was off a lot at long range.The AB's POI was consistantly lower than the computer said.Like 5"-7" @ 500yds.I've tripple checked my velosity,& everything I can,but I'm stumped.Anybody have any ideas?

High humidity, high air pressure, slight headwind all will cause the POI to be slightly off. Welcome to the real world. :)

RLB":2bruqfoq said:
High humidity, high air pressure, slight headwind all will cause the POI to be slightly off. Welcome to the real world. :)

Plus barrel harmonics, every gun is different. :?

JD338

I have tested the AB's a lot in different field conditions,& found them to hit lower than expected @ all ranges.Except they hit high @ 100.The rifle is zero'd @200.I'm assumeing that the stated BC may be incorect.The GK's were spot on with the POI given by Infinity.The only other thing I don't have in the program is the Velosity boundries that Sierra uses in the program.Does anyone know what the velosity boundries are for the 225 AB?

Back