MV & POI Differences ?

I use the Bench Source Annealing machine I purchased recently. After doing it with a drill, torch and water and now moving to this there is no comparison. Bench Source wins hands down.

I made a little platform which fits on the LP stem of my old turn table. A single brass sits on it, perfectly in the middle, and I spin it while holding a torch on the neck. 10 seconds, pick up the brass by its base, dip the neck in a container of water, prop it neck down on a towel and repeat. Fairly quick and easy and it doesn't destroy my ears like spinning Led Zeppelin on it! 8)

Dr. Vette":2y9zii2r said:
I use the Bench Source Annealing machine I purchased recently. After doing it with a drill, torch and water and now moving to this there is no comparison. Bench Source wins hands down.

Man, that just sounds like cheating to me!

Do you have a link?

11 Charlie":17uwjkql said:
I made a little platform which fits on the LP stem of my old turn table. A single brass sits on it, perfectly in the middle, and I spin it while holding a torch on the neck. 10 seconds, pick up the brass by its base, dip the neck in a container of water, prop it neck down on a towel and repeat. Fairly quick and easy and it doesn't destroy my ears like spinning Led Zeppelin on it! 8)

Well you old rocker...I just couldn't bring myself to put a blowtorch near my turntable and anyway, I'd quite like listening to some LZ while annealing... :lol:

You rock with the best my friend! Along with Hendrix, Sabbath, Cream......, oh wait this is about reloading. Thats only one of my turn tables, the one in need of repair. I spin the turntable by hand, a little push and it spins the right speed, stop it with a finger to put the next brass on. It actually works faster then having the motor turn it. I am still careful with it as I can fix or use it for parts. They are not as plentiful as they used to be.Happy reloading,(rocking), shooting, and God Bless! :grin:

Back