Anyone need a nice 8mm Mag?

That there is a dandy elk rifle! Nice looking rifle priced to sell.

JD338

The price is right. It would be a great rifle for just about anything anyone would ever want to hunt in North America.

Something like that is on my list of rifles I want. Just not in a financial position to act right now...

Had a nice 8mm Rem Mag in a 700 BDL a few years back. What a dumb@$$ I must be to have let it go! Killed my first few elk and several deer with that rifle. But like you Kurt I am in no position to act on even good deals right now.

That is a great looking rifle Nathan. I have always been pretty fascinated with the 8mm Rem Mag. Seems like a really good cartridge. Plus, at that price, it is ready to hunt as well.

Heck, I think Nosler even has brass on sale right now!

I would highly recommend the 8mm. I have all the Remington metrics 6mm, 7mm/08, 7mm Magnum and 8mm Magnum. The 8mm always draws attention at the range. Muzzle blast and recoil are wild, but just imagine what the animal on the other end feels like. I am always interested in hearing what loads people are using with the 8mm. I found the Barnes 160TTSX and RL-17 love each other. 3370 FPS and .75" groups. Will be working on the 180 E-Tips next.

FOTIS":7q0l6073 said:
Don't do it Fotis~ :roll:

Do it Fotis! Do it Fotis! Do it Fotis!

Ok sorry that was being a enabler like Mike and Scotty.

Undoubtedly, the 8mm RM is a beast. I've shot a couple, and they performed very well. It seemed to be no great task to get them shooting accurately. Oh, yeah, "Do it, Fotis. Do it." :grin:

IdahoCTD":27m2rwtu said:
FOTIS":27m2rwtu said:

After I just sold a new unfired 340 bee?

If I would buy this I would truly need an azz whooping!

That said I did build 2 8mm rem maggies! One LSS sporter and one sendero type back in the late 1990's.

220 Sierra BT at 3150 fps~

FOTIS":tcyunhsz said:
IdahoCTD":tcyunhsz said:
FOTIS":tcyunhsz said:

After I just sold a new unfired 340 bee?

If I would buy this I would truly need an azz whooping!

That said I did build 2 8mm rem maggies! One LSS sporter and one sendero type back in the late 1990's.

220 Sierra BT at 3150 fps~

You got more for your .340, this one comes with a scope, it's the better years for Remington, and it's already been fired so the value won't drop. :mrgreen: plus you could always throw a custom tube one it and make a .340 later if your so inclined

Sorry I couldn't resist.

FOTIS":2xgu2lq3 said:
ENABLERS~~~~~ ALL OF YOUS!

Umm, I think we really learned from the best of the lot!

Yeah, that is an old school Remington! Kinda like the one you put that Remmy video with. You remember, the ones where Remington allowed their folks to use their eyes when they built rifles! :shock:

Way to go Nathan! That is the spirit. I am pretty sure there will be a support group we can all attend, then after the meeting we will hit the range or elk country... :lol:

IdahoCTD":yxzd49cy said:
FOTIS":yxzd49cy said:
ENABLERS~~~~~ ALL OF YOUS!

0:) Since there isn't a angel smilie. Just helping out where I can.

Who loves yah?

Angel-male-bird-smiley-smiley-emoticon-000278-large.gif

Back