Anyone wanna guess?

OUTSTANDING! :grin:

Congrats on finding quite a rifle... Nice... That might just be The Rifle of a lifetime.

Guy

ldg397":3p3olkhp said:
Wow I hadn't seen yours when I posted mine. I think twins separated at birth!!!

I would agree, although I believe yours is a New Haven rifle? This one is an FN-made Supergrade. Maybe step-siblings? LOL

And Guy, I believe it is one of those rifles that you don't see twice. I've been getting the 264 bug really bad, as Scotty can tell you, and when a Supergrade of with THIS kind of stock appeared, well, it was just too much to resist!

Congrats and welcome to the 264 club !!!!!
That does have some GORGEOUS wood on it.

Yes S L O W burning powders are the ticket.

Well, the pieces are coming together. Seller of the 264 should receive my payment tomorrow, according to USPS. My sincere hope is that he'll ship the rifle this week yet, which would get it here Mon/Tues/Wed of next week (he's not terribly far from me, upstate NY, compared to SE PA here).

I ordered Redding dies, a box of 130AB's, and a box of Nosler brass from Gunstop. Someone who enables this kind of purchase hooked me up with a good deal on some Talley fixed rings/bases. I have RL25 and RL22 on hand, as well as some others Nosler's data suggests, but those two are most aligned with what other 264 fans have suggested. No Retumbo to be had anywhere local right now, but that's on the "buy on sight" list, alongside RL15 for my problem-child 35 Whelen.

The rifle will be receiving a Swaro Z3 4-12x50 with a Ballistic Turret on top. Should make for a really nice rig when it's done.

I'm hoping to at least have it ready for the range in about a week. Then we'll see what I can do about actually getting to the range, lol.

I just got some Nosler Imperfects (seconds) yesterday from SPS. They are smooth as a baby's b--t! The machined primer pockets are perfect. the brass is smooth and nice to the touch, clean and ready to load. Case mouths are chamfered smooth and necks are round. I understand that Norma makes these cases?

I used the 130 AB's the first year they were made to kill a whitetail doe at 152 lasered yards. I hit higher than intended and blew a 4x5 chunk of spine out. Obviously there was no tracking involved.

Ron

Well, the rifle FINALLY shipped, and according to USPS tracking, is "out for delivery" to my FFL as of the moment when I write this post. I'm hoping I can get it from the shop this afternoon/evening, get the scope set up on it, and get some loads put together. I don't foresee any chance for the range until at BEST on Wed., but might more likely be the weekend. Still, excited it should be in my possession shortly!

I hope to take some better pics. Today is slightly overcast, so it's a good day to get it out in some natural light to get some shots of the stock.

Rifle arrived... Some quick snaps with the iPhone:

null_zpscfd67af1.jpg

null_zps5713d35b.jpg

null_zps8aba6f96.jpg

Thanks, guys.

Charlie, I knew that the seller had used way too much flash for a great pic of the stock. Today is partly sunny and gave good light to show off the wood grain, but I was pressed for time. I'll try for some better pics later, but these quick shots do show the stock much more true to its actual appearance than the ad did.

The action is hands down the smoothest M70 I own. That includes both of my pre64's.

The trigger is a tad on heavy side. I'd guess 4-4.5lbs. That'll be changed soon. :)

Terrible quality pic, but the 4-12x50 Z3 (with Ballistic Turret) seems content on that 264, doesn't it? :)

null_zps561ac1b4.jpg

Yes, I'd say that the Swarovski and Winchester were made for one another, Tom. Very handsome setup.

Back