Anyone wanna guess?

Man that's a very nice set up you have, if it shoots half as good as it looks you will have a winner.

Nothing short of stunning. And yes, that Swarovski looks just fine on top of it, although with the .264 and a nice long barrel, I'm not sure you'll need to do much turret twisting until you get out past the county line! :grin: Once you get the hot-glue covering off the screws, the MOA trigger is a cinch to adjust. Fantastic rifle!

Good choice, I also have a Swarovski 4-12x50 on my Super Grade, custom Winchester, .270 Win. A setup like these, given the grade of the wood in these stocks, it seems only fitting to have a scope that is worthy! The Swarovski's certainly match the wood grade of these stocks.

WHOA! That is NICE Tom. Yeah, you took a little beating on the waiting, but my Lord, that is NICE. Just out of this world nice. That Swaro looks perfect up top as well. Great work getting in on this deal. That is beautiful!

Thanks, guys.

Scotty, it really is better than pictured. The seller really used a ton of flash to "pop" the grain, but I knew it was going to look a little different. I'm really happy with how the stock looks in natural light.

The bolt is EXTREMELY smooth, and I haven't even cleaned the factory oil out of there yet. The trigger needs some adjusting, but it's serviceable as is. The fit/finish is clearly well-executed. This rifle really puts to shame the Cabela's 50th Anniv 264WM I looked at, and they wanted more for that rifle than I paid for this one.

Those Talleys you got for me are perfect. The fit is dead on, and the 50mm objective clears nicely with good eye alignment and a decent cheek weld. I had a moment of panic when the mounting screws got juggled around and didn't quite fit right. Then I played 3-card Monty with them a bit and found the right arrangement and all was well. And as much as I dislike my Warne mounts that are vertically split, and I was apprehensive on these Talleys...man....they just went on so nice and easy.....no issues at all, locked down tight, and I didn't lean on the torx wrench, either, lol.

I am going to work on some loads for it during the evenings this week, hopefully shoot it Saturday if all goes well and the weather holds out. I also want to get to the range, hopefully, before the weekend rush hits so that I can chrono the loads, too. That's tough sometimes when the range is busy, but we'll see how it goes. 140AB's and RL25 are up to bat for this one.

You should have a great time working with that rifle. Glad the rings and bases worked so well.

Wow, just caught up to this thread and the new photos... AWESOME!

What a rifle... The wood is extraordinary, and I'm betting it's a shooter too.

Guy

I use a 25 lb/pound torque wrench on the base and ring screws as well. That way no screws get over torqued and they stay in place quite well.

Guy Miner":y43ayazo said:
Wow, just caught up to this thread and the new photos... AWESOME!

What a rifle... The wood is extraordinary, and I'm betting it's a shooter too.

Guy

It's a Winchester Guy..... It can't help but shoot well! :lol:

Super nice wood, much nicer then the stuff Cabela's was putting out for sure, and the pair look great together! Should make for a fine hunting tool with some added class..... great purchase Tom!

Back