Area 419 zero press?

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Have you guys heard anything on this? Is it really worth $1,275 for this press? Can anyone see the difference between regular presses and this one?

Have you guys heard anything on this? Is it really worth $1,275 for this press? Can anyone see the difference between regular presses and this one?
Man, that's a 1275 dollar question.

It is supposed to be stout and smooth as all get out, but again, between my Forster and T7 I don't know how much better it could get.

I have the t-7 and the ultra mag Reddings. I don't know how much more improvement it would be if any

I had to take a look to see if it was gold plated! I can't understand why if anyone has a name brand press already why they would need this.

it's nice , I've looked at it before . it looks like it would work well for what it was designed for , removing Benjamins from the wallet .

Looks pretty impressive but I can't see how it would be better than my co-ax press.

JD338

Yeah I can’t see how it would be better myself. I’m sure it’s tighter and maybe more exact but the Forster really accounts for that in its floating die mostly.
Exactly Scotty

JD338

If I was in the market for a new press to replace my Forster and/or my T-7, this might get a "look/see." However, that's not likely at that price. I have no doubt it is good, but to get me to spring for that price, it has to bring a "Wow" factor to the bench. And I just don't see that.

It looks nice and very well made.

The value proposition is a tough one, since most basic presses work fine and will outlast any of us with anything approaching regular use.

Ya, I think 419 is catering to folks who have to have what they consider the Very Best.

I'm good with my Lyman & RCBS presses. :)

this is what I'm thinking too . when only the best is good enough .
this press would be a nice addition to a reloading room that has an amp annealer ,and a Prometheus powder measure

The maker did accomplish something--we looked and discussed the product. That will likely stimulate someone to drop the coin to pick one up. No doubt there is a good markup on the press.

I bought their powder funnel which is nice and had a few of the sizes I need for my rifles. I'm fine with my Hornady I like the quick lock n load switch out. Instead of spending money on the press better to spend it on higher quality dies I like the RCBS Match Master dies with the window you just drop in the bullet and press up aligning is done by the die

this is what I'm thinking too . when only the best is good enough .
this press would be a nice addition to a reloading room that has an amp annealer ,and a Prometheus powder measure

Ya the 419 is at the Ultimate Reloader shop and Travis is using it quite a bit to load his match ammo. I'm impressed, but... I'm happy as a clam with more mainstream presses.

Guy

Back