Assorted pics from different places...

Thank you very much for sharing those photos.

Someday I'd like to hunt Africa. In the meantime, I appreciate seeing the photos of your time afield there.

Terrific kudu! Congratulations!

Gemsbok or Oryx, are something I've always wanted to hunt. Saw some many years ago while I was in the Marines, in a place far from home. Thought they were very special animals. You are a fortunate man, to have been able to hunt them.

Guy

Excellent photos!! Africa is truly a land that most of us will never experience first hand. Thanks for posting these and feel free to post more if you have them! :grin:

Lorenzo,

Good pictures. You have certainly gained some experience with game. Thank you for posting.

Lorenzo,

Great pictures, thank you for sharing them with us.
That is a beautiful Kudu!

JD338

Thanks gentlemen,

Which kudu you are refering to ??? they are all different animals. The one I liked most is the one previous to the last one (sp?), That one was hunted in Namibia and I shot it with an 8mm Nosler Partition 200 gr (if I remeber well the bullet weight).

I remeber that hunt very well, a friend and I walking around without a specific "wish animal" in our minds when I saw the horns shinning under the sun from far away and we worked the wind to be in position. The kudu was laying down under a brush and all I was able to see was his head watching in my direction. I aimed a little down his head to the grass guessing where his chest was and fired. He never moved, the Partition broke his neck.

The last picture is from a kudu taken in South Africa, indeed he was a large bodied animal. The first kudu picture is from another namibian kudu that was really wide.

AB_21504_024A.JPG

L

Cool pictures! Looks like alot of fun! Might have to try out Africa someday! Scotty

Scotty,

Pack your trash since i'm going to hit the lotto tonight! It should be wheels up and hunting Cape Buff and all the Plains Game you want! Maybe even a Croc or Hippo?

Woodycreek":1vjluwa2 said:
Scotty,

Pack your trash since i'm going to hit the lotto tonight! It should be wheels up and hunting Cape Buff and all the Plains Game you want! Maybe even a Croc or Hippo?

Bryan, I always have a "go bag" packed buddy! I am ready, let me know when I need to be at your house! I can get there in an hour! Scotty

I've got my passport and it will take about, oh, a couple of hours, to be on a jet heading for the east coast! I dunno'. A hundred million may mean scrimping on amenities.

Back