aussie over runs 55 gr 224?

nitis

Handloader
Dec 20, 2008
are these bullets equal to anything marketed here?

Are they the same as the old solid base 55s? Reason I ask is my uncles swift only likes that old discontinued solidbase and his supply is running low

Wow, "only likes".... and only I thought I had problems. :p

So he has a slew of unwanted bullets on his reloading shelf too? :wink:

well according to him he tried all kinds of recipes and was ready to wrap it around a tree.

he is so particular about this load he wont substitute anything even the primer and he usually is not that critical about his components. Yes I know primers can make a difference but not always a really big difference

He has about 1000 of the solid bases left he even tried some solid base with cannelure and it opened his group up considerablly talk about a picky gun

nitis,
I bought a couple of thousand of the Aussie over run hollow points for use in my 223s. They look like great bullets, a nicely made flat base hollow point but I haven't loaded any up and shot them yet. Snowing like mad and 17 degrees here now so I probably won't get any groups till next spring. If you like I can send you some for the cost of postage, email or pm me.

Bruce.

He can shoot them all up and try something different. If he can not get it to shoot then re barrel!

Small price to pay for piece of mind.

POP":uet2q5aj said:
He can shoot them all up and try something different. If he can not get it to shoot then re barrel!

Small price to pay for piece of mind.

If he shoots the 1000 bullets he has he will have to rebarrel anyway. It does not seem like there is reason to panic when he has that many bullets. :)

Back