B.C. alpine goat and grizzly hunt

Thanks guys, this trip sure had some unexpected turns but everthing turned out well in the end. I certainly love being in the alpine and we had great weather too which we were very thankful to have since it has been a cold wet summer and now fall. As I type this it is pounding down rain you wouldn't be hunting up there on a day like this, just sleeping in the tent instead.

I was told recently that the prices for guided grizzly hunts here in B.C. have gone down, it seems not as many Americans are coming up because of the poor U.S. economy. If any of you guys can afford it I would recommend that you do it provided you pick an area with good numbers of bears. I can give you guys a bit of info on North western B.C. and I'm sure DrMike can fill you guys in on the Nort east side.

Gerry that is a dream hunt for me! Great hunt, story and pictures. I'm very appreciative of you for posting that. Very awesome. Scotty

Yes Gerry you live in a great hunting and fishing area.
I spent a little time there at Babine lake with my aunt & uncle. We picked up salmon in Morris town all the time.
Just about moved there to play hockey but got married instead played some lacrosse in Prince George. I think a young guy from Terrace played in PG when my son did Danny Hamuis.
Hope that I will have a few stories this fall when we go for Elk and late moose.

Blessings,
Dan

Dan Hamhuis is from Smithers actually, good NHL defenceman. Look forward to seeing more hunting stories come up soon and you can post something from your moose and elk hunts.

Actually I talked to my son Mike and he advised that Dan was from Smithers.
Well hopefully you will get some more hunts this fall :)

Blessings,
Dan

What an absolutely outstanding hunt! Congratulations!

Thanks a bunch for posting it here.

Jealous? Who me? :mrgreen:

Since Gerry didn't post any photos of our camp I thought I would add a couple. Was a beautiful spot and we "thought" the high alpine lake was going to be safer than camping in the lush valleys that surrounded us. :shock: The two tents are located across the lake to the right of the outlet. Despite the beautiful weather and waters no one ventured in for full submersion . . . a sign that some of us are loosing our edge . . . or simply aging! :wink:

Sept2011GoatGrizzGWPhotos049-1.jpg

Sept2011GoatGrizzGWPhotos047.jpg

Sept2011GoatGrizzGWPhotos017.jpg

One of my most intense/memorable alpine goat/grizz hunts . . . couldn't have been with a better group of guys!

Finally BCbillies makes an appearance, welcome to the Nosler forum :grin: thanks for posting pics of our camp it was one of the nicest places we have ever camped at. As for swimming in that very cold lake I don't think so I hate cold water :shock: It was a great trip with a great group of guys, definitely one to remember. Next year we need to check out the mountain two over to the west you know which one, there are big billies over there.

Welcome to the forum! Great pictures. Looks like it was o e excellent hunt. Scotty

Thanks Guys great story and photos :) Welcome to the forum it is always good to have new members and young guys. This tradition of hunting is something that we all must promote :wink:

Blessings,
Dan

Gerry,

A great account. Man, I was right there with you as you trekked into the mountains. That was an awesome account of taking the bear and then worrying with the sow. She does sound cranky! Congratulations to your compadres for their success in tagging goats. Best of luck to the remainder of your friends as they stalk the goats. Consequently, we saw some fine goats in the Muskwa-Kachika this past week. God has indeed blessed us with a beautiful and wild area in which to live and hunt. He has been good to us.

Welcome back DrMike and thanks for the kind words, this forum is just not the same without you. We hope to hear more of your trip the Muskwa Kechika is some of the most amazing country to be in.

gerry":1h2nhfs5 said:
Welcome back DrMike and thanks for the kind words, this forum is just not the same without you. We hope to hear more of your trip the Muskwa Kechika is some of the most amazing country to be in.

X2! I am excited to hear about your hunt Mike. You have been missed buddy! Scotty

Back