B.C. draw results.

Congratulations, Gerry. Goose eggs for me. Guess I'm consigned to hunt moose, elk, black bear, whitetail, mule deer and maybe caribou. :( Tough year for me. :cry: :wink:

Congrats gerry ! :grin: I draw none again :( - i had put in for a any bull moose here and a bison out Mikes backdoor ! :)

Cheers :grin: RJ

Gerry,

Congratulations on the goat tag.

Mike,

You got it real tough buddy! :lol:

JD338

DrMike and RJ was hoping you guys would get a something but thankfully you both have great hunting near by to enjoy :)

Thanks Gent's, hopefully a few more B.C. boys will check in here with some good results :)

Jim,

The lack of a draw puts the monkey on my back. I only have two months to take an elk! :shock: Seriously, I know I'm blessed to live here. I'm thrilled for Gerry. It should be a good season all the way around. There are goat hunts nearby, but they are demanding, and I'm getting somewhat more decrepit each year.

Great job on the goat tag Gerry.. You going to have your new rifle together in time?

It looks that way, Rem Jim and quite a few others recommended the guy who will be doing it and he said if I sent it quickly he could fit it in for me :) I have high hopes, as you know, to see what a 200 gr AccuBond from a 35 Whelen will do to a goat....

SJB358":ktud4k4l said:
Great job on the goat tag Gerry.. You going to have your new rifle together in time?

gerry":1lzzkxef said:
It looks that way, Rem Jim and quite a few others recommended the guy who will be doing it and he said if I sent it quickly he could fit it in for me :) I have high hopes, as you know, to see what a 200 gr AccuBond from a 35 Whelen will do to a goat....

SJB358":1lzzkxef said:

Yeah, I imagine that 200 might work okay? HA! I don't know if I will have time to monkey with the 200's in the Whelen for awhile, but I know when I catch some on sale at SPS, I will have to grab a few hundred of them, just cause! You never know when you will need another 35 cal bullet..

"I drew Mountain goat in the area just outside my back door"

OUTSTANDING! That should be a great hunt. Looking forward to some more of your great outdoor photos and of course the story of your hunt. Best of luck!

Gerry, congratulations, I am sure that's a hard tag to draw. Enjoy the hunt and take lots of pictures!

Elkman":32ry9kxo said:
Gerry, congratulations, I am sure that's a hard tag to draw. Enjoy the hunt and take lots of pictures!

Thanks, actually this tag is usually 1.5 to 1 odds, some of the more accessible areas are as high as 10-1 and more difficult access spots are as low as 0.2-1 odds which means they are a sure thing. Moose on the other hand.....

gerry, congratulations my left handed brother :wink: on drawing that goat tag.
I know that new 35 will be broken in just in time for you to anchor that Big Billy. I am looking forward to the stories and photographs of this coming fall.
I hope to be able to check our draw next week 8)

Blessings,
Dan

Congratulations Gerry that is awesome. Find one of those unicorns so I can see what one looks like on the hoof! Take lots of pictures.
David

I hope to carry the Whelen as much as possible this fall when chasing goats, blackies and moose. I will take a bunch of pictures even if I can't shoot anything with it :) Good luck on the draw Dan.

gerry":1pfh9c07 said:
I hope to carry the Whelen as much as possible this fall when chasing goats, blackies and moose. I will take a bunch of pictures even if I can't shoot anything with it :) Good luck on the draw Dan.

Not really a goat cartridge :eek: that 35 W BUT i guess it will due ! LOL :grin: RJ

Back