B.C. LEH permit results online

Excellent!

Looks like grizz in the fall, and cccccooold weather hunting for elk!

Eagerly anticipating the hunt reports!

Guy

Well, Gerry, skunked on grizz again. However, I drew an anterless elk for the winter hunt (Dec 1 to Feb 28). I'll try to get mine out of the way early so I have time to give to you and your good lady.

Yes sir, this will be my wife's first attempt at hunting so I'll do whatever I can to get her into an elk. I'll be in the berry patches the first weekend of September with the Whelen in hand 8)

That would be wonderful Mike, glad you drew as well for the elk. Too bad about the grizz hopefully next year. I'm going to have to get Maria some better boots for the winter hunt......

I'm pulling for you on the grizzly. I'm thinking of putting in for the north for a grizz hunt in a year or two--one of those that has odds of 0.4. I want one last rigorous hunt before I shuffle off.

There are some excellent areas in the far north for grizzly, I hope you can make it happen soon. If you draw for the spring some fantastic fishing can also be had.

I have access to a river boat, though I've seriously considered flying in. I would be incommunicado for two to three weeks, which takes me back to my youth. It has a certain je ne sais quois.

Gerry,

Checked with my good lady. She'll have the room all prepared. We look forward to hosting you guys. It would be great to see you both tag an elk, which I believe is quite possible.

Wow, that is a generous offer, I look forward to seeing you again. Now about all those salmon here that are calling out to you....... :lol:

gerry":n2p1jgl3 said:
Wow, that is a generous offer, I look forward to seeing you again. Now about all those salmon here that are calling out to you....... :lol:

I'm simply going to have to block out some time shortly. Yeah, it would be great to tie into some fine salmon once again.

gerry that is terrific news :mrgreen: I am so happy for both you & Maria. I know that DrMike & his fine wife Linda will treat you like royalty. Man I would love to be up there for that late Elk season it would be a hoot to be with the three of you!
Well good photos with a story or two will take care of that.
I have a question, if you are drawn for cow Elk can you purchase a regular Bull tag?
Also that Grizz hunt will be exciting if you need any 200gr. ABs just let me know :wink: I will likely never shoot them if I have the 225gr. :).
Again congratulations on the draw!!

Blessings,
Dan

Well DrMike, I am sorry that you didn't get that fall grizz tag :( hopeful you will be able to knock down that two year bull Moose that almost always is a standing order!
It looks like you are going to have company for your late cow Elk season!! That should be a real good time :mrgreen:.
Photos & stories will be nice!!

Blessings,
Dan

Thanks Dan, looking forward to the hunt for sure, and yes we could hunt in the regular season for elk as well. The grizz hunt will be fun as well :)

Hunting is always a pleasure, Dan. I'll enjoy seeing Gerry and meeting his lady. I thought you and Nettie were going to be over this summer. There is still room here should you manage.

DrMike, Nettie & I are still not sure if we can make it. That torn ACL that our Lab had cost us around $1500.00 which we were able to save for. But when her medicine ulcerated her stomach that basically doubled the original cost. But we are still trying to make it happen :wink:. If you do not mind short notice we could show up for a few days :mrgreen:.
I may bring some ingredients to roll some 280AI 8).

Blessings,
Dan

Come on over; coffee's always on. :grin: Been rolling ammunition for a variety of rifles this week. Might as well bring yours along. Bring your dies. I likely have about everything else.

PS. Building a load with the best would be a treat for me :mrgreen:. I would also hope to learn a few things as well!

Blessings,
Dan

WAY to go Gerry! Congrats on the tags buddy! That sounds like a perfect Fall in my book!

Mike, that float trip up in the Northern territory sounds EXCELLENT! Man, what an awesome adventure. If you need a packer you know my number!

I'll be retired about that time, so I'll work for food I imagine! :lol:

Scotty I have seen the size of you :shock: I am not sure that would be cheaper than paying by the hour :mrgreen:!
If you do go you may have to travel through Regina always remember my friend there is a bed here with at least one Moose roast meal for you.
I may have to tag along to make you sure you make up there :mrgreen:! That way you could babysit two old guys :roll:. I am just kidding about two old guys as DrMike has forgot more about the bush then most of us have ever learned.

Blessings,
Dan

Back